Anyone know anything about Motorbikes?

get a yamaha banshee LOL thats my favorite thing thats not a car, 0-60mph faster than a lambo! and it looks sooo sexy/beastly

gonaads said:
Damn, this thread sure got... ummmm, interesting. :D

Lancer, ummmm, how much experience do you have with motorcycles? How much have you ridden? What size bikes (if you have ridden)? It is kinda important ya know. You did say it's yer first purchase, but ya didn't say if you rode any. :)

The Kawy has a good dual cam liquid cooled engine, but it is the one with the smallest front forks, least amount of front and rear suspension travel. But it has a bigger fuel tank. Now an air cooled engine could be a better thing than a liquid cooled one 'cause if ya hit something going off-road ya could wipe out a coolant pipe or hose. But the Kawy does look like the middle of the pack choice.

I've only rode once on a bike, i'm going to take the MSC in a week. I was pretty much decided on the kawasaki, but now i'm thinking if i'll ever really take it off road and perhaps i should look at a more street orientated bike, i'm just not sure so i need loads of help, so.............heeeeellllllppppp!!!! :):laugh:

Well if you dont plan on taking it off road then dont get any bike that is made for both. You will be more comfy and all that if u got a road bike. The BMW is actually more of a road bike then anything. Do you even have alot of places in the UK to go off-roading? For some reason the UK doesnt seem like it would but i dont know much of anything about the UK lol. Anyway...out of the bikes u mention i would go for the BMW since you arent sure if u will be taking it off road and if you do ever go off-road it can :). I will look into more road bikes when i have time...at the moment i am sitting in networking class :(.

Tittle i live in florida, i think there are a lot of places here i can go off roading, i think i want something thats geared to the road, but also if i want to go off roading i can. I also want something with a larger full tank hence the kawasaki. But as i know you love this stuff i'll let you help me some more :)

Ok after much research, i'm thinking of changing my outlook entirely, to this:

2005 Suzuki SV650S $6,449

Whats the opinion on this one?

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/SV650SK5/Default.aspx

NV14032_1.jpg

Do yourself a favor and go to the show room and try it out. Go for a testride before you commit.

I will show my favoritism again...you should go look at the Ninja 500 before you buy. Most fun bike I owned was the GPz550. Very light and agile, and plenty of power...and an MSRP of $4999. Could ride all day and never get tired. And when I say ride, I mean 100+ mph at times through the mountain roads and you never get worn out from throwing the bike around. Great for throwing the wife on the back and going for the day also(before kids :) ).

Not to take anything away from the Suzuki, looks like a great bike, I personally just don't care for the brand. Again, go and testride both beforehand, or anything you're intersted in. The feel between brands can be quite different.

Attachments

• pshot_22_full.jpg
    pshot_22_full.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 56
i was looking at the ninja, the biggest reason for the interest was the insurance and the large amount of reviews i've seen on it.

I saw some pics on the web and it looked like a small bike though. can you verify this?

I could go and get the wheelbase lenths in inches, but again, unless you place your butt in the saddle, that may not mean much to you. I can say that they are smaller than your average 750+cc models, but not much. Comparitively, a 900+cc machine may seem overly large to certain people. You will be the one hunched over the gas tank, so what I think is comfy may be totally wrong for you. When I last rode, the 550 was perfect in size, the 750 was a bit large, but I was also 5'9, 145 pounds. I'm now more like 180 so even my taste may differ. The 500 to 600cc models generally share the same frame.

The 500 Ninja is a good mid-sized engine sport bike. It's the perfect size and power for someone that is a novice at bike riding, without being too weak or too powerful. It's a great bike, good price and it will last a good while, even after you become an acomplished rider.

The biggest problem that "first timers" do, is go for a bike that is too big or too powerful for them. And that always ends in trouble. Go and get yer classes done with and then go to the different dealerships and test drive till yer ass hurts. :D It's the best way to find what feels rite for you. Remember, you're the one that's gotta ride it, not us. You have to feel comfortable on it and while driving it. True all out sport bikes are murder on yer back when commuting for long periods of time. the Ninja has a mid ground as to ride possition. It's not too streached out and not to upright. Go and sit on a few of the bikes you're interested in. Sit on them and feel the way you will be on it. Then think of the amount of time you're gonna be in the saddle.

Good goin zeke... now you've really confused him. :p

well what do you think of the suzuki GS500F? is it any good.

Also what about cruisers i was looking at the 2005 Yamaha V Star® Custom

gonaads said:
Good goin zeke... now you've really confused him. :p

That sort of thing happens when I make posts :D

zeke_mo said:
I dont know that it matters, but Suzuki and Kawasaki have been the same company for some time now...
True, but they are still independently built models, for the most part, thus ergonomically different.

Man, I think lancer's got the Biker itch real bad and has some money ta burn. :D

Pick a style and stick to it! Jeeeeez :p

Before ya know it he's gonna want a full blown "dresser", with the saddle bags stereo and GPS. Then he will want a Harley... or a frickin GoldWing. :p

hehe, sorry i don't know whats come over me, i just woke up the over day and said hey i want a bike, its just the way i am.

lancer said:
Tittle i live in florida, i think there are a lot of places here i can go off roading, i think i want something thats geared to the road, but also if i want to go off roading i can. I also want something with a larger full tank hence the kawasaki. But as i know you love this stuff i'll let you help me some more :)

LOL...opps i missed the US was uk part lol.

Ummmmm...i am gonna look on the net for a bit and see what i can come up with. If i were u i would just say fook it and get a Yz250f,Yz450f,Crf250, or a Crf450 :lick:.

well ok i've got it down to three bikes.

The Kawasaki Ninja 500r, the Yamaha FZ6 or the Suzuki SV650S.

I moved away from the trail dual purpose, mostly because i'd be using this bike a lot and don't think they'll be good for day to day stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back