Alcatel Speedtouch ADSL

I'm glad your not having problems with the 1.6 set...where as I do, I keep getting disconected all the time but as long as the figures, see attatchment are the same as this then the drivers should work...if your figures are different than this and your in the u.k....this will be the problem as these are the only figures for use in england.......(i think) heh......well with my 1.4 set i never get problems AT ALL and i download with a speed of around 60.00 on grokster and online gaming is sweeeeeet.
Happy modeming guys :D

has anyone got a ftp site and the 1.4 drivers????Or perhaps some one could send me a copy of the cd

Are all of these problems with the Alcatel Speedtouch USB, the StingRay thing. I am just wondering as I am about to get the Alcatel SpeedTouch 510 ADSL Router/Hub. I want to make sure that I am not buying a host of problems.

Originally posted by adek
has anyone got a ftp site and the 1.4 drivers????Or perhaps some one could send me a copy of the cd

Give us ur email address and i'll send u the set if u like :)

no there arent a host of problems. i actually enjoy my alcatel speedtouch usb. but if u get those 1.6 drivers you will. so stay away from them and you willl be fine.

Originally posted by gtgarside
Are all of these problems with the Alcatel Speedtouch USB, the StingRay thing. I am just wondering as I am about to get the Alcatel SpeedTouch 510 ADSL Router/Hub. I want to make sure that I am not buying a host of problems.

i hear they are ok once you get them installed, but the DSL service guy said his alcatel was a ***** to install, but after that itsa the best you can get

oh god here goes then :-

amd athlon 1.4 @ 1.52
512ddr 2100 @ 272 fsb
geforce 3 64mb's (elsa gladiac 920) using omega 1.0.8 set
100 gig 7200
Asus A7v266 using via 4.40a set
Cooled by Dragon orb....and all Home built !!
Mad onion score 7934-8021 depending on.....well dunno really just seems to vary !!

Regarding the Alcatel modem....it rocks and is very stable with the 1.4 set....if you are having problems with the 1.6 set.....Dont use em !!!
Drivers are written for a specific purpose...to generally enhance your performance and to iron out any bugs that have been reported, but if the 1.4 set is working fine then leave em be.
My modem gives me no trouble online, gaming is sublime and I report that my download speed is 60kbps which is actually higher than its supposed to be anyway...If the 1.6 set actually better this then I would think again...but from what I've heard....They don't seem to...they only seem to work for some people and the rest of us they just prove troublesome :(
If anybody still requires the 1.4 set give me ur email address and I'll send them on :)

For all the people that require 1.4 drivers for the speedtouch USB, found this site. Hope it helps. I will try them now and let you know!:eek:

uninstalled the crap 1.6 drivers, installed the 1.34 from the web site above, then updated to 1.4 and guess what happened. Speed increased by about 10 to 15% on both browsing and downloading.

Yay..............well it now seems everyone is happy...congrats all !!

Theres a complete update with the USB Alcatel DSL Modem applications which i recently got and i have noticed a big performance boost.. plus i dont have that silly lil green icon on my taskbar anymore.. just 4 boxes as a replacement.. pretty Niff i say...

Look on http://www.speedtouch.com/usb201upgr.htm

For Windows XP Home and Professional Edition

Hope this helps

Sincely Alex:cool:

i got a alcatel usb modem too. the green frog one. Its the worst modem ever. ive tried all the drivers and the modem still switches itself off. i tried both the Speedtouch usb drivers and the speedtouch 330 drivers from http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/support.htm

ive tried the modem on 2 desktop computers and 1 laptop, and i went out and brought a powered usb hub, it still goes off all the time. im lucky if i stay connected for 30 minutes. Im with freeserve adsl. download and upload speed are perfect, and it connects ok. It just keeps switching itself off all the time.

im using that driver and it does not help at all. Yes the tray icon is better ;)

oh.. i havent had any experieces like that

sorry i couldnt help.. ill have a look around for you m8

:cool:

here is the link for the new 1.6.3 drivers
ive used these for a few months with no problems whatsoever

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back