9/11 Movie starring Nicholas Cage

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Nick M, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Are they for real?! :ermm: Does anyone else find this absolutely preposterous?

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

hmm....... let's see....... what might the movie be called? well, they have been coming up with some crappy pointless titles for some movies. Might they call it Rescue 9/11?

3. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

That sounds about their pace. It wouldn't be so bad if the profits from it were to go the the vicitims of 9/11.

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Don't really care that Nicholas Cage is in it, not cared for his movies for a while.
    If it is Oliver Stone it should be good tho, if we forget a few of his previous films too ;)

5. ElementalDragon

i'm kinda hoping someone caught my joke...

6. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

this pisses me off.. people making money on terrorism...

7. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

Ever buy a morning paper, or catch the nightly news?

Petros likes this.
  8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Read it a few times, no.

9. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

This is sick, I dont see how they can even think to do this. Hollywood has been such a big fat turd lately, and this just futher proves it. I will not goto to see this movie or rent it, I would illegally download it at the most.

Nick M likes this.
  10. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

news is allways news. Books yah but this this just seems wrong that why it pisses me off.

11. ~bk

~bk I Political User

I guess he picking on Fahrenheit 9/11 for having a crappy name. :ermm:

12. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

ya, profits to the victims would be a good idea

I can't stand nick cage and avoid his movies, I doubt I'll be seeing this one

Nick M likes this.
  13. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

I got it ED. Will Bill Shatner have a cameo?

14. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Yeah, I got it Elemental...

I think a lot depends on how they handle it. If they do a crappy job or add insult to injury to the victims... :( There could be a possible way to handle this, that far from profiting on terrorism or on the sufferage of the victims; could pay respect to the courage of both the people who lived through this, as well as the rescue workers who responded, on call...

A lot would depend how it's handled and how the audience walks away feeling. There was more that occured that unfortunate day then the terrorist attack. Lets just say to that other side of things that if the terrorists thought to break the American spirit that day, they failed... It is this other side of things that might not be a bad story to have told; if it's handled properly with the up most of respect to the above mentioned people...

Time will tell about this one. If it's turned into a cheap popcorn flick that fails to show such respect, then :(

Yes, giving some of the proceeds to the victims families would be a nice gesture :up:

15. ElementalDragon

yeah. was thinking of Rescue 911 (for those who don't know, it is/was a show with William Shatner about different calls to 911 for medical emergencies and stuff, hence the name Rescue 911). didn't even remember Farenheit 9/11. never saw it..... and don't plan to.

Nicholas Cage isn't that bad. some of his movies i liked quite a lot (Face Off, Con Air, Gone in 60 seconds, don't really remember any other movies he was in offhand).

16. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

yeah I liked the movies you mentioned...mostly gone in 60 seconds.

I am sick of people making stupid **** out of 9/11. Its over and done with stop making money off it!

A stupid example but its like my go kart video. I still get people talking about it and its still spreading across the internet. Its old but people still talk about it. Same as my damn fire jump during spring break that i didnt make lol. I still get people at parties saying **** about it but sometimes i get a free beer or something lol.

17. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well I first think they should give any and all money after making back the costs to famlies etc of the people that have a tie to the events like the families etc.

Second we all pretty figure the first ain't going to happen and that it will in all likelyhood be a unfitting tirbute to the folks

18. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'm not surprised at this. I knew that a movie (or movies) would be made about 9/11 someday, I just didn't know how soon it would happen. 4 years later is probably a bit soon... I expected at least 10 years. Then again, Oliver Stone has never really been one to steer clear of controversy.

Nick Cage can be an Oscar-calibar performer, he just gets stuck with summer popcorn movies all too often (think National Treasure). If anyone has seen Adaptation though then you can see he's got talent.

19. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

The words Oliver Stone and documentary don't go well together. Most of his "Documentaries" are nothing but lies and garbage that he feels is true. Personally, I don't like the guy ..

20. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

They aren't documentaries, they are feature films.