9/11 Movie starring Nicholas Cage

THAT'S the movie i was thinkin about. National Treasure..... i LOVED that movie. mom and dad thought it sucked.... but i thought it was pretty sweet. love mystery-ish movies like that. almost like Scooby-Doo, cept without all the "Jinkies" and the "Rut-Roh"'s

I kind of find Western culture to be interesting. Our idea of "respect" is to pretend that something never existed, minus when politicians or museums remind us enough so that we can't forget it. Because, apparently, forgetting something is about as unforgivable as mentioning it.

Following the atomic bomb droppings in Japan in WWII, however, artistic references to it have been all over the place for the last 50 years. More recently, however, they tend to be more implicit than explicit, but they're still there all the same.

I guess cultures approach delicate subjects in different manners.

Melon

Oh my dont tell me that all of a sudden making money in the USA is a crime? Everyone on the planet knew good ole Hollywood was gonna make money on the 9/11 just like everyone else is all ready since day one.

melon said:
Following the atomic bomb droppings in Japan in WWII, however, artistic references to it have been all over the place for the last 50 years. More recently, however, they tend to be more implicit than explicit, but they're still there all the same.

I guess cultures approach delicate subjects in different manners.

Course Japan is, generally speaking a polite culture. A given level of politeness is expected, dependent on the association, and different politeness levels for saying the same thing are even a part of their language. For instance, if a child were to ask "name wa nan deska" (what is your name) to a senior, it might be viewed as quite rude... "oname wa nan deska" would be more appropriate. There are also particles of speech (such as boku for I) which is only supposed to be spoken by males; for a female to use it would be considered culturally improper. Anyone can use watashi...

In any case, if in the company of others, and they get the sense that something might be considered rude; they might avoid comming out and saying it, so as not to appear rude. Amongst themselves (or others),where something might not be seen as impolite given the social context, they might give mention however...

Last edited:
~bk said:
I guess he picking on Fahrenheit 9/11 for having a crappy name. :ermm:
I hate to say this, but it was Farenheit 451 (being the flambé point for paper). I just wanted to put that straight. Also that title is hardly lame, was given by Ray Bradbury to his sci-fi tale of the same name which went down as soemthing of a classic (no idea what the movie was like).

I can't see how these morons can even contemplate a movie about what happened then. What are they going to do, glorify the people on the plane that didn't hit anything but still crashed and burned. Those people were terrified. Yes they caused the plane to not hit anything and they knew they were gonna die. How the hell do you depict that. And the people on the planes that did hit or the people in the Towers, what? It's like when the did that fishing ship movie "The perfect storm". How the hell did they know what went on on the boat, huh? Now how the hell can they portray anyone in the towers or on any of the planes? Or are they going to have "creative freedom" with it? All they will do is make everyone that sees it relive the sorrow of that day, create more anger towards the wrong people because of their religion or ethnicity, and glorify everything that never happened instead of having some sort of closure to all this. Yes you can never forget, but you can move forward and live on, not open old wounds. What a bunch of fvcking idiots.

Hey, maybe it's the Gov that's really behind this since their so called war was all a bunch of smoke up our collective asses. Since now everyone is seeing more and more as to the bullshiit behind the so called "war". Maybe the Gov is trying to get the people to rally against a false enemy again. Funny how that sounds almost possible.

[end of rant]

The government turning to Hollywood for support of the war? <--That's something I never thought I'd ask! :laugh:

gonaads said:
I can't see how these morons can even contemplate a movie about what happened then. What are they going to do, glorify the people on the plane that didn't hit anything but still crashed and burned. Those people were terrified. Yes they caused the plane to not hit anything and they knew they were gonna die. How the hell do you depict that. And the people on the planes that did hit or the people in the Towers, what? It's like when the did that fishing ship movie "The perfect storm". How the hell did they know what went on on the boat, huh? Now how the hell can they portray anyone in the towers or on any of the planes? Or are they going to have "creative freedom" with it? All they will do is make everyone that sees it relive the sorrow of that day, create more anger towards the wrong people because of their religion or ethnicity, and glorify everything that never happened instead of having some sort of closure to all this. Yes you can never forget, but you can move forward and live on, not open old wounds. What a bunch of fvcking idiots.

Hey, maybe it's the Gov that's really behind this since their so called war was all a bunch of smoke up our collective asses. Since now everyone is seeing more and more as to the bullshiit behind the so called "war". Maybe the Gov is trying to get the people to rally against a false enemy again. Funny how that sounds almost possible.

[end of rant]

I doubt the government is behind it; Oliver Stone is an outspoken critic of the current administration. If I were to venture a guess, it will put the U.S. government in a negative light, that is if Stone chooses to put a slant on it at all.

And Cage? Please...give me Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller.

fvcking?

Last edited:
I'm sure that stone will blame this on the government. Just like he did in JFK ..

Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller mmmm yeah if your making a farce movie like Airplane Cage is a good actor just needs the right scripts is all .

gonaads said:

[end of rant]

so true, so true.

"Now how the hell can they portray anyone in the towers or on any of the planes? Or are they going to have "creative freedom" with it?"

That's why they came up with the ambiguous turn of phrase ---------

"BASED on a true story" In this case, the plane did crash... or ... that boat did sail and never return. :)

Should just plain be "All your base belong to us" heh.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back