3dmark bench scores too low !

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by cwalker2734, Sep 4, 2003.

1. cwalker2734

cwalker2734 Guest

I cant get more than 11500 on 3dmark2001, and 5300 on 3dmark2003, I use all the latest drivers, and DirectX9.0, anyone have an idea as to what is the deal, I'm thinking my 3dmark2001 score should be around 16000. My 3dmark2003 score should be @ 6000.

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Make sure you have the latest VIA Hyperion driver for you mobo. Still though, an old AGP driver shouldn't make your scores drop THAT much :eek: I dunno...

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

check your settings in your control panel/ check v-synch status...

make sure all AA/AF is turned off and have a look/see WRT performance/quality settings beind employed...

4. Eck

Eck .user

I've got a similar problem. Even when I had a Radeon 9700 Pro (remember Sazar?), I couldn't get my 3DMark01SE score much above 12k. my 03 score, however was around 5200. Game performance was... eh, ok, but not like it should be. Now, I've got the FX 5900.. 01SE score = 12.4k, 03 score = 5200. Same deal. I've got the latest VIA hyperion drivers, which are 4.49. BAH, I'm thinking Soyo is the suck.

5. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I'm thinking you might be right. Maybe it is addressed somewhere on their site.

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

yah.. I figured it was not the card... since you were getting the same-ish performance no matter what you did...

7. cwalker2734

cwalker2734 Guest

Im beginning to think its Soyo as well. So much for a motherboard that looks good...

What mb should I get, I want a good looking one, and on-board RAID..

??

8. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I like the Asus A7n8X-X. I've built three computers with those with not a single problem whatsoever. Built-in NIC and RAID, NForce 2 Chipset. Very nice! ;)

9. chris

chris Free to Fly

I agree, extremely stable motherboards. No problems here at all :D

10. cwalker2734

cwalker2734 Guest

is the onboard RAID serial-ATA or is it normal ATA ? My hard drives arent serial..

11. Valone

Valone Guest

Definitely the Soyo; those boards POS!

It's possible the card is not getting enough power so it can't run at the desired clock speeds :shrug:

12. Valone

Valone Guest

wait that doesn't make sense if the 03 score is so good.

Hmm; must be the board man, only thing I can think of.

Try reinstalling DX

13. Eck

Eck .user

Been there, tried that. I'm going try try tweaking the RAM timings, etc... It probably won't work, but oh well.

14. cwalker2734

cwalker2734 Guest

RAM settings dont make that big of a difference.

I just went from 4.48 to 4.49 hyperion all-in-one and the score went to 13000. I am going to reinstall DirectX 9, and if that doesnt do it I am getting that ASUS mb.

Damn things are a bottomless pit of money !!
    Some people's cars dont cost this much..lol

15. cwalker2734

cwalker2734 Guest

16. Eck

Eck .user

I went from using 4.45s and getting 12.2k 01 score to using 4.49s and getting 12.4k. :-/

17. Doom

Doom OSNN Senior Addict

Mine seems to be a little low as well. I just upgraded my processor from an athlon 2000 to an athlon 2800 barton and I upgraded my ram from pc 2100 to pc 2700. I used to get scores of 10500 ish now they are 11500 ish. Very disapointing.

18. Eck

Eck .user

What motherboard/chipset do you have, doom?

19. punkandacoke

punkandacoke eat me

you guys ever try disabling extra windows services.
    just a thought.
    :cool:

20. cwalker2734

cwalker2734 Guest

I just cant decide what to do, on one hand I strive to use the best hardware available for this thing, and on the other hand... does it make sense to spend $150.00 because of some damn benchmark ???

In a couple of months I will be switching over to Athlon64, so I guess I'll hold off; thank you for the advice.