2007 Microsoft Office System Beta 2 Discussion

Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

If you can't find that menu you could copy the text into Notepad, which will also strip all the formatting. Then, copy the text from Notepad, into a new Word Document.

I can't really find the menu, so I'll do the paste special, or the notepad thing. At least I figure out the new office, or whatever.

Thanks

I love this Office 07 look... the only thing is with Microsoft cracking down on pirates I am going to need to buy it... and that is going to hurt I can tell.

I still feel Microsoft should sell a 'lite' version... with Word and Excel.

Have they expanded condtional formatting to have more than 3 criteria/colours? I'm a bit limited with my conditional formatting for one of my spreadsheets.

sean.ferguson said:
I love this Office 07 look... the only thing is with Microsoft cracking down on pirates I am going to need to buy it... and that is going to hurt I can tell.

I still feel Microsoft should sell a 'lite' version... with Word and Excel.
They may do that, similar to how they have Small Business Editions now. Else, you could probably also buy them seperate, as an upgrade to the current versions in place :)

Looks great, I like the new conditional formatting... exactly what I want from excel with the automatic colouring of cells on 2 or 3 colour scale.

off-topic: does anyone have the Debt/Credit Database for Access 2007? I'm getting an error on the pre-release beta version.

Yeah, I just got an email for the Beta 2 today. But, it's not for OS X. :p

Electronic Punk said:
http://download.esd.licensetech.com/Microsoft/DMMSO12B/PRO/AKAMAIFILES/OPPLUS-EN.EXE

Thats the download link for Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007 Beta 2
You will need your own key tho which you can sign up for here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/beta/download/en/default.mspx

This is all well and good if I could only get to the site

Due to high demand the site is temporarily unavailable. Please try it again later.
*sigh* Thanks for the info EP.. I'll keep trying back to get my key later

ray_gillespie said:
Anyone know when these beta versions will expire?

erm... well, on the first go it prompted me to activate product otherwise I'll only get 49 further uses of office before most functions are disabled. I can't see any other indications as to what dates the suite expires. :p

I got the e-mail 37 minutes ago, 'tis a shame they sent it after I went to work or I could have started the download from home :eek:

I just got mine too.
I got three from M$ today......

Is that right? That's pretty cool, should get plenty of use before they want my hard earned cash :)

Last edited:
i cant activate mine, it says i have no internet??? weird...but i do like it a lot

Hi everyone.

I have a similar problem to failurbydesign. The download went fine. Brought up Outlook which found all my details. I was then asked to vailidate via the internet. I was then told my internet connection could not be found.

I now have a limited amount of time to use the beta. Has anyone got a solution?

marserobert

If it is a common problem I will start looking up on it, should have about two weeks and there should be a resolution by then.

Either way, as its beta I wouldn't use it on a production system anyway.

Electronic Punk said:
If it is a common problem I will start looking up on it, should have about two weeks and there should be a resolution by then.

Either way, as its beta I wouldn't use it on a production system anyway.

Yeah, when I tried the pre-beta version and then installed beta 2, the excel file I was working on was not classified as 2007 version, but 2006 instead. I lost all the NEW conditional formatting I put in (using pre-beta) even though I saved it in the new file format of .xlsx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back