2007 Microsoft Office System Beta 2 Discussion

Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

Wow...
Your right... I have office 20003 pro so that means it did cost me like 500 dollars... Ya know, i thjink ill wait for my friend to get, then ill see if its worth it

I know I'm not going to have the money for it for awhile, but somehow I always end up getting Office. I always come back to it, one way or another.

lol
Whats the deal with this open office thing?

Vanquished said:
lol
Whats the deal with this open office thing?
What's the deal with it? It's a free, open-source office productivity suite. Many people like it because it's free, covers all the basics, and works well.

I used it for about a month a long time ago, just to see what it was like. Came back to Office 2003, mainly because I sorely missed Outlook, and because I needed to use some of the more advanced Excel functionality that OpenOffice was lacking.

NetRyder said:
What's the deal with it? It's a free, open-source office productivity suite. Many people like it because it's free, covers all the basics, and works well.

I used it for about a month a long time ago, just to see what it was like. Came back to Office 2003, mainly because I sorely missed Outlook, and because I needed to use some of the more advanced Excel functionality that OpenOffice was lacking.
I had it...
But it seemed a little slow to me...
Is it safee for my computer?

Safe? Yeah, sure. It's just an office suite. No malware included.

As a word processor and spreadsheet, OO is perfectly fine. If you need to do some serious graphing, then you need Excel.

I dont know why i deleted it then...
I had on my computer, then i installed office 2003...
I guess office is better though

Well, if you already have Office 2003, there's no reason why you shouldn't use it.
If you didn't already have a copy, you could have tried Oo_O to see if it's good enough for your purposes.

wow, amazing graphical work done on this version

OO is mostly for a home-user with just basic functions required. It does NOT work well in an enterprise or networked environment, as it lacks a lot of the functions that Office can bring to the table. Each program within Office like Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access and Word all add much more power than OO can provide.

NetRyder made a good point though, if you don't already have Office purchased/installed, give it a shot. It's free to use and you should use it if you have the option until you hit a ceiling. By ceiling, I mean when Office would have features you need to get the job done, which OO can not provide.

As a follow up to the blog entry that started this thread, there is something that should be seen by those of you who didn't see the screenshots until last week. While most people, including some posters in this thread, are getting lost in the colors and appearance, you should not forget the functionality and how it works together.

This video is 6 months old, but the concepts are still there. Warning, it's about 41 minutes long...

http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=114720

kcnychief said:
As a follow up to the blog entry that started this thread, there is something that should be seen by those of you who didn't see the screenshots until last week. While most people, including some posters in this thread, are getting lost in the colors and appearance, you should not forget the functionality and how it works together.

This video is 6 months old, but the concepts are still there. Warning, it's about 41 minutes long...

http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=114720

Sweet video.

Yeah, that's the video I watched immediately after returning from the PDC last year. It really gave me a much better feel for what was coming (screenshots don't quite have that effect). Then I got the Beta 1 bits on the DVD in the mail a month later, and it was great trying out all that stuff on my own machine. :)

I hear Beta 1 Refresh is out for Office 2007 :)

Sad to hear that Office will be delayed right along with Vista, due out in Jan of 2007 :(

There's a reason it was called Office 2007, you know. :D

Well, yeah, but when release dates were initially rumored it was to be end of year '06 as well :eek:

Heh, not surprised anymore :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back