ram

eddieb

OSNN Addict
How much ram will xp home edition support. I know windows me and other windows versions had problems with anything over 512 meg. How about xp?

i dont knwo how much it supprts, but there is a prog in the download section that fixes problems and helps support mroe then 512mb ram, im pretty sure there is, i was looking through the download section yesterday.

98 & me should be able to use over 512MB ram, most likely the limiter is your hardware. Your motherboard will have 2, 3 or 4 SDRAM slots, and each slot will be able to address a maximum of 128, 256, 512 or 1024 Megs, as it stands right now. That varies greatly between motherboards, but to answer your question, XP can address 4GB or RAM, if I remember reading that correctly.
/L.A

all that 9x shit maxes at 512
nethin over that u gotta use least 2k
and ur okay, well i no ppl who have a gb of ram in xp, u dont need that much unless ur gonna do video shit
256mb is fine

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back