[Movie Review] Prometheus

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
2001 A Space Odyssey for stupid people.

Seriously one of the most disappointing, most poorly constructed pieces of garbage I've seen in a long long time. I just spoiled everything that happened in this "thing" on my Facebook page, hopefully this will cause my friends to not see it. I feel I suffered enough for everyone. I'd be happy to spoil it for everyone here, but I won't in this first post, I'll let someone request it.

And yes, I know about the spoiler tags, but I also know people blindly click those buttons without much thought. So I'll leave it out.

Anyway, don't see it. I'll give it one star. If only because I didn't die of boredom during the movie.

thanks for the review, I was planning on seeing it, now will skip'

don't worry about the spoiler tags, you didn't give any plot secrets away

I'll add to this thread as well :)

The movie was highly anticipated amongst my friends and I simply because it was Ridley flippin SCOTT !!!

The movie starts of with a weird kind of tone, the opening scene sets no real foundation. Instead, it raises questions and ambiguity.

As we progress into the first act, there are a lot of good bits. Some character development, some solid acting, great vista's, the score is solid and there is much hope :)

Then, we hit the 2nd act and things start to bog down. Much as with LOST, questions are "raised" but never answered. A lot is expected to be taken on faith (recurring theme) but there is not much to go on. The acting of the main characters remains strong but the sheer premise of some of the situations they start finding themselves in defies all logic. The side characters become an exercise in idiocy at a Hollywood level that boggles the mind.

More story threads are introduced, only few are even touched upon.

Act 3 is where things really hit the proverbial fan. I found myself laughing out loud at many of the absolutely retarded scenes, wondering aloud how it was people could be written to be such blithering idiots and so obviously stupid. And then, scene. Movie ends.

The highlights of the movie are Charlize Theron and Fassbender. He did a superb job throughout and his character really needed to be on screen more I thought. Rapace did a fine job with what she had but once you watch the movie, you'll probably think the same as me... how retarded was she?

Anyways, I give the movie anywhere between 3 - 3.5 stars out of 5 simply for introducing some interesting thematic elements, regardless of how flawed the execution was. The acting of some of the characters was brilliant and even better, the visuals throughout the movie and the sets were extremely well constructed. I would consider rating it lower but I had high expectations.

Agreed. This movie was utter pants and from Ridley Scott too!

I was devasted.
Look at this site for an amusing list of the (many) flaws with the film.

What’s Wrong With Prometheus (a Partial List)

For me there are many big issues, not least of which are:

1. The crew were a complete bunch of disinterested mis-fits and sociopaths. This kind of person would simply not be selected for any kind of deep space mission or anything really at all come to think of it!

2. How exactly did they travel 35 ly in 2 years? Without some kind of warp drive the accel/deceleration involved in G forces required to reach the speed required would completely destroy them and the ship they were in (1000+ G!).

3. This spaceship had a Grand Piano on board (ffs!) and at least one supe-huge apartment style cabin. Absolute nonesense.

4. No weapons worth speaking of, obviously they thought a piano would be more useful in deep space than a decent gun or two.

5. And in what kind physical reality does the spaceship flying off at escape velocity get hit up the arse and land right back where it started from? Perhaps the same one where it doesn't vapourise the entire valley on impact...

Utter garbage.

Agreed. This movie was utter pants and from Ridley Scott too!

I was devasted.
Look at this site for an amusing list of the (many) flaws with the film.

What’s Wrong With Prometheus (a Partial List)

For me there are many big issues, not least of which are:

1. The crew were a complete bunch of disinterested mis-fits and sociopaths. This kind of person would simply not be selected for any kind of deep space mission or anything really at all come to think of it!
Since teams are elected by the Politically Correctness Police I expect nothing more.
2. How exactly did they travel 35 ly in 2 years? Without some kind of warp drive the accel/deceleration involved in G forces required to reach the speed required would completely destroy them and the ship they were in (1000+ G!).
Worm hole jump(s).
3. This spaceship had a Grand Piano on board (ffs!) and at least one supe-huge apartment style cabin. Absolute nonesense.
SHip was built by corporate *******s. Their personal comfort was more important than technical viability.
4. No weapons worth speaking of, obviously they thought a piano would be more useful in deep space than a decent gun or two.
Politically Correctness Police would not allow weapons onboard.
5. And in what kind physical reality does the spaceship flying off at escape velocity get hit up the arse and land right back where it started from? Perhaps the same one where it doesn't vapourise the entire valley on impact...
Pushing it here - they'd made one complete orbit? ;)

Utter garbage.

I actually enjoyed the movie as FICTION. Reality checks not required. It was a decent SciFi / Adventure movie. The problem was that it was another example of the preachy, politically correct, leftist media moguls trying to show dozens of their pet propaganda messages down the viewers throats instead of just making a thought provoking movie.

Try and ignore the leftist bull**** (difficult) and it's not that bad.

I actually enjoyed the movie as FICTION. Reality checks not required. It was a decent SciFi / Adventure movie. The problem was that it was another example of the preachy, politically correct, leftist media moguls trying to show dozens of their pet propaganda messages down the viewers throats instead of just making a thought provoking movie.

Try and ignore the leftist bull**** (difficult) and it's not that bad.

Leftist bull****?

It was standard Damon Lindelof crap with a number of retarded religious ideas tossed in. What specific "leftist" ideas were you able to discern?

Giant evil corporations ruling the world with sinister ulterior motives employing evil psychotic henchmen to do their bidding. Hmmm, sounds a little like where I work thinking about it.

I actually enjoyed the movie as FICTION. Reality checks not required.

I totally buy the "fiction" thing but there are limits where the massive holes just cannot be ignored any longer.

I mean the crashed ship actually rolled, yes rolled along the ground! :speechless:

Pushing it here - they'd made one complete orbit?;)

Lol! :) If it'd had done that they wouldn't have seen it coming at them from behind :ermm:

It was a worst movie. I, and couple of my other friends went to this movie with high spirits hoping it to be some real good movie. But everything was spoiled, what was the director going through and why was it so bad, nothing we know. But we were seriously disappointed. Glad that, I found a thread to talk about it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back