Your opinions please =)

My MSI is damned awesome :D (K8N Neo2 Platinum 54g). However I'm considering starting saving now to go pci-x and dual core so that'll probably end up on a dfi board.

I've been with Gigabyte for a long time and they're still my favourite. Gives you everything that you need. :)
However, I want to give MSI a go. Will be the Neo2 Plat.. but without the wireless part. :p

Hmm.. Gigabyte or Asus for graphics, guys?? Lancer says Gigabyte. :)
I don't really want to spend anymore than what I'm spending already and that is currently at £257 for the Asus card.

Edit: BTW, the Asus card is a gamers edition. is there any difference between that and the gt model? apart from the name of course.

Leadtek, BFG, XFX.

But definitley not Asus or Gigabyte. Their vga cards are underperformers for being identical gpu's.

Gigabytes motherboards arent exactly the fastest of the bunch either. Though gigabytes boards are more resiliant to onboard component failure :)

ok some facts that i gatherd from the admin at work.

MSI 6% failure rate on all motherboards - 3% on video cards. RMA with them is a pain in hte butt. also the PCB that msi uses and the copper they use have high resistance there for more heat and less speed.

Gigabyte 16% failure overall products. but the quality with what they make it with is great. RMA. Pain in the butt.

Asus lower than 2% failure rate on all products. Great RMA terms. 3 year warranty's rock solid compoents.

ECS, ASrock, and thoes cheap companies. you get what you pay for. there quality is not that good. there rma's are bad

as for mem there are many good companies but i would personaly find one that will stand behind there product and someone that knows what they are doing (someone who has been in the business for a while).
personaly i like kingston and Corsair, OCZ, Geil, and samsung are great makers too. i tipicaly found that if you want to over clock at all the Corsair is good because it can take a lot of voltage thrown at it.

and yea processer. i would go with an amd 3500. its overall good. it can oc great. and just stock its fast.

and well video. thats a tough onen because of many people that are die hard fans. but from waht i have noticed building many many gamer and CAD systems at work. the Nvidia products seem to run a little faster for the same ati card compared to price.
also i find that ATI is very hot doing nothing. there is a lot of heat made from that card. and if you go with an nvidia card you can always go SLI.

but yea thats my 2 cents

I have to say ASUS boards the numbers above are added proof I have 2 both with the 6800 series video card , one GT, one straight, the GT is FAST as stink... RAM kingston is very good both ours use kingston. Both are A8V 939 pins one is the 3500 one is the 3000 .

awwww.. you guys are confusing me now. lol :p
I think I'll just stick to Asus 6800GE 256mb for the graphics card.

The ASUS needs to molex's just so you know and they need to be alone its a power monger

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back