xvid to svcd not workin as well as i thought

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by the_music_man, Sep 24, 2004.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

i have this xvid avi file and when i converted it to SVCD using tmpgenc it made things a little worse. for instance, i fowarded it to this part in the movie where there is lots of fire and it made it blocky and choppy but then when i look at the xvid version its smooth and good quality. i

thought tmpgnc was the best at converting but could any1 tell me any other program or way to make it better quality? :confused:

2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

3. brocher

brocher Moderator

I use DRDIVX to convert it to divx first as my TMPEGEnc doesn't likeXVID's very much.Also it may sound like extra work but it takes less time that XVID to MPEG2 using TMPEGEnc

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

going from one highly compressed format to another is always gonna end up looking like arse.

5. brocher

brocher Moderator

What do you suggest then Dreamliner. I have this problem that when i do a XVID file that it takes nearly twice as long as a DIVX and sometimes TMPEGEnc just shuts down when i load it. i don't see much difference in the quality of the DIVX OR XVID. Or do i just need the latest XVID codec or a TMPEGEnc plug in

6. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

it probably has to do with the type of quantization used.

Probably a good idea to get the correct (most recent) Xvid codec too.