XP UPnP aware apps?

cryogenic

OSNN Addict
Anyone had any experience with it yet? As of right now, I've discovered that when using XP SP2 on my ICS host computer, Azureus automatically sends a UPnP message to that computer to forward the correct ports and which computer to forward them to (mine). Also, Rise of Nations appears to do this as well. I never had SP1 on that box so I don't know if it did it as well, but I know it works great with SP2. Has anyone discovered any other apps that have that feature as well? Azureus touts the feature as working with UPnP capable routers so that you don't have to configure them to forward ports. Apparently it works with UPnP-aware OS's too. :)

I turned on UPnP on my router and Azureus now uses UPnP to request forwarded ports, works fine, I think most of the previous bugs with it have now been patched.

Is UPnP Windows only? Or can I use it with my (currently dead :() FreeBSD box?

I honestly dont know, I havent managed to get Azureus to work in BSD, stupid Java applications using IBM Eclipse propriatary code which doesnt work everywhere

The Mac OS X version of Azureus poked my router to allow the ports, so I'd guess the FreeBSD one would also.

Of course, you'd need a UPnP-enabled router then. Lots of the newer ones are...my old D-Link wired one wasn't, but my new Netgear wireless one is.
...unless you're using ICS to share the connection. ICS/Windows Firewall (ICS/ICF in SP1) are UPnP-enabled too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back