** Xp Problem ** or .............

K

kdisc98

hey...
i got a problem, my computer sometimes frzze during doing nothing.
and i check my bios,and there dissable all the power after a few min..., and on xp i checked all the power savers.. and they off ... so this is not the problem.
i dont know what to do!!

computer specs:
p3-1000mhz
256sdram
asus cuv4-e bios version 1005 beta (The newest! working good)
30Gig H.D (Quantom Fireball - s.e)
Hitachi Dvd drive
Yhamaha 8x4x24 scsi + Scsi adaptec card
Soundblaster live! Vaule
Asus Geforce 3 v8200 t2 deluxe
Motorola Sufboard (1.5mbit cable modem)
Acer 15' Lcd screen
Logitech Mouseman wheel Opti
Digital Camera - sony CyberShot Dsc-f505v (3.3 Mega Pixel + 196mb memory)
WindowsXp..... As all of us :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope anyone will help me in this ****ty problem! it's killing my computer time.
Thanks in advance *I LOVE THIS BOARD*

kdisc98

thanks on the fast answer,but it's not that,all my memory chip's are ok, i checked them myself,and also the slot's.
I even Rebuild my all computer!

so i think it's something on my Xp :mad:

i already did formated! (X4)
it's no problem with my Fireball
anyone else

(But thanks anyway):confused:

try changing the AGP setting in your bios from 4x to 2x (or 1x) it might ne a video problem.

But that might slow things down. I think what you should do is make sure that your CPU is properly cooled, an imporperly cooled CPU may cause system freezing and shut downs.
A faulty HDD may also be the cause, I would check both of those two factors.

this happened to me once and tried everthing finally I took it into the shop and it was a short on the MOBO...and when things heated up it would expand and cause the short..what I did was take out all the cards except the vid and took out the MOBO and put in on my wood desk and to make sure it wasn't shorting on the case...and sure enough it would still lockup...had to go with a new mobo

hmm several of my com acted just liked yours.... some is because driver prob, some is incompatible software, and some is overheating prob....

Yeah there was a thread ages ago by cam, who had problems with his CPU and Mobo, the thing went kind of back and forth, but some of the things mentioned was that Freezes and random reboots are usually an indication of a mobo fault or in some cases an improperly cooled CPU, can you get a hold of something like Motherboard Monitor and post what the normal operating Temperatures are.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back