XP prob or software prob?

ming

OSNN Advanced
I've had to format and 'restore' a backup copy of my C: drive recently and noticed that quite a few of the softwares take longer to start up. Not only that, the software I got for the Sony MD deck freezes with every click i make once it manages to load up.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

maybe the "new XP" needs time to understand and be familiar with your software and hardware.

all updates have been installed...

just dont understand why its like this. i dont want to make a fresh install of windows xp coz it'll take years to complete all the software installations.

southpark: Ever heard of Ghosts? That is what you can do, you make a ghost, reformat C and put the ghost back, reformat C and put the ghost back, now that is how you can keep your C drive and main OS working even if something goes wrong, all you do is put the old one back ;).

exactly... i've used Ghost to back up and restore everything.

you think it only takes 1 hour to install about 10-20 different software on a computer?
even if it's less than 10, think of all the drivers and updates you need to install/reboot and the time it takes to download all of them.
installing windows alone takes 30-39 mins, and just downloading all the updates from windows update takes a good 20 minutes at least.

the only prob im having as you should know by now is that the softwares are not loading/running like what they should do if everything were installed from fresh.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back