XP Network Bridging

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by aussie, Jul 16, 2002.

1. aussie

aussie Guest

I have both ADSL and Cable in my house. I also have two network cards in my main computer. I was wondering if it would be possible to bridge the 2 connections and there for have better bandwidth?? will this work?? if not is there any other way I can make use of both my connections to achieve faster download/upload speeds??

Thx in advance!!!

Cheers

2. bheagle

bheagle Guest

3. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

Goto your connection properties and select "multi-linking", I used this to combine two ISDN channels.

4. aussie

aussie Guest

thx for ya replies but does anyone know if I will be able to download at CABLE + ADSL Speed or just a slight improvement??

5. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

Would add the Bandwidths together!

2x 512kbps connections = 1mbit

6. aussie

aussie Guest

sweet!!! but does it matter one is cable and one is adsl?? both different speeds and lines!!!

7. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

Not that im aware off, aslong as you can get them both to link together you should be fine, pings might be slighly higher because of parting and joining the data.

8. aussie

aussie Guest

i really dont see how when I send a request to the internet for a file it manages to bring it down through both lines and then join as one but I'll give it a go anyways...

thx for ya help!!!!

9. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

I remember how do it on 98, just asking tech dude here for some advice, can't seem to find it on XP :mad:

10. aussie

aussie Guest

well if U come up with anything plz lemme know...

cheers

11. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

12. aussie

aussie Guest

thx alot man... appreciate it