XP Corporate KEy Changer

N

nagetech

I've tried doing what the front page says editing the registry and all, but when i type in

%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

it gets me no where...nothing pops up at all :(

What could i be doing wrong?

dunno... what you typed there works for me... make sure you're typing it in right... best bet is to do a copy/paste so you're not making a typing mistake.

Another effective way to change the key is to start a new installation by running the winnt32.exe file in the i386 folder of your xp installation cd and doing an upgrade installation... that will save all your current settings and what-not.

If you need alittle extra guide, i got this from another site which i found to help you install the Service Pack 1 on the Corp XP. I havent tried it yet since i am going to wait until the final release of the Service Pack comes out

Workaround to install SP1 on corp XP!!
Requirements:

IF you installed WinXP corp edition

and by accident used the Volume License Key: FCK....

and some stranger emailed you XP sp1 Beta

and you want to install the XP sp1 beta

and you have your own correct VLK

Follow these instructions:

0. Run a system resore to create a new checkpoint in case you need it.

1. Run regedit and go to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents, on the right double click on "oobetimer"
and change at least one digit of this value to deactivate windows.

2. Choose run from start menu and type in this command: %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a to get the activation screen and go to the second option
which is activate by phone.

3. In the new screen choose the option to change product key, and type in the new product key (your Corporate one only).

3a. If it brings you back to the prior screen after entering the new key click remind me later and then reboot.

4. Close that window, reboot your system and enter the command in step 2 for the second time to verify your activation , you should see "windows is already
activated".

4.1 Now install SP1

5. If you have done this wrong or without a valid key you will not be able to boot. hit F8 and select last known good configuration

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hope this can help some of you..

Sincerly Alex :(

oh and dont blame me if that doesnt work.. like ive said i havent tried it so i cant rate that guide. But i thought it could come in useful.. And im really sorry if it doesnt work :( Let me know if it does

Thanx

Sincerly Alex :(

Originally posted by Alex_is_Axel
IF you installed WinXP corp edition

and by accident used the Volume License Key: FCK....

:rolleyes: and from what i seen around.... thats the only key. :p

or as i say the 1 that end's in Q8 ;)

That looks like the guide from windowsxp.nu or bink.nu or seomthing...

i wish someone knew how to solve this

Well i got no idea if this will work for you guys, and since i had no idea what the /a did all i did was remove it like

%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe

and the screen poped up

i DID not change anything i was just testing (well i did the registry part)

so i am not sure if it will even work for you.

Good luck

nIabI

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back