XP continues Errors

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by suebeloo, Mar 8, 2002.

1. suebeloo

suebeloo Guest

Installed XP yesterday and since then computer has been restarting itself.. . .following errors

I've now switched off the restart switch in the my computer advanced tab. . .but what about the errors?? here's the error in question can anyone put a bit of light on the subject please.

Type Source Category Event
    Error System Error (102) 1003

What do you think. . . .please help
  2. Sage

Sage Guest

Event error 102 & 1003

Event ID: 102
    Source Application Management
    Type Error
    Description The install of application "Package Name" from policy "Policy Name" failed. The error was The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
    Comments As per Microsoft: "The machine account for the workstation does not have permissions to the share or file system that holds the source files for the package. When a workstation runs Group Policy, it does so in the context of the machine system account for the workstation."
    More info Q278472

Event ID: 1003
    Source DhcpServer
    Type Error
    Description The DHCP server failed to register its registry data. The following error occourred: The system cannot find the path specified.
    Comments As per Microsoft: "The default directory <WinNT_root>\System32\Dhcp was not present before Microsoft DHCP Server service was installed. The Microsoft DHCP Server service installation process will not check for this directory, nor create it if it is missing. "
    More info Q173040
  3. suebeloo

suebeloo Guest

Thanks for the info - luckily we managed to find this information out on other sites - but question is what does it all mean?? Im not really that technically minded where the PC is concerned.... When I had ME on my machine - I had none of this type of problems...

Any more light would be useful