XP Bootloader

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Waldo, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Waldo

Waldo Guest

I have BootMagic installed on a Win ME - XP dual boot machine and I want to uninstall and use XP boot manager. If I uninstall BootMagic will XP boot manager find the ME partition? Do I need to go into recovery console and run fixMBR, fixboot, and bootcfg /restore?
  2. Kylie

Kylie Guest

I really would think so - APK will have a better idea I bet he pops up in a short space of time :p
  3. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

Make a XPboot disk and FDISK the ME Partition(Delete).

I got my XP reinstalled :D Yum Yum Yum
  4. Waldo

Waldo Guest

Perhaps I was not clear in my statement. I don't want to uninstall ME, just BootMagic. I'm concerned that XP won't see the ME partition after I uninstall BootMagic.
  5. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Go here and see if XP sees it now. Control Panel> System> Advanced tab> Startup and Recovery button> There's a pull-down menu at the top of that page. Is ME listed in there? If it is, I think you'll be ok to get rid of bootmagic. If it's not, you'll need to modify your "boot.ini" file (on the root of your XP drive) to also list your ME system. I'm running a single OS or I'd post an example of my boot.ini. Maybe someone running a dual setup will post there's here for you as an example.