XP and Outlook...archiving email

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by rojak, Aug 19, 2002.

1. rojak

rojak Guest

Hi guys! New to the neighborhood here...MS forced me to make the move! :p Nice board, btw!

Hoping someone has some insight on archiving/saving email in Outlook (running XP). Machine and I seem to always have trouble communicating with these #$%* .pst files. System can never find them! Surely, there is an easier way to save email rather than the round-the-world trip MS Outlook takes us on. And a way where I can actually "read" them after they are saved? MS really doesn't want us to save our email...I'm convinced, but why?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help/tips/tricks/links!

PS. Did a 'search' prior to this thread, but to no avail

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

3. rojak

rojak Guest

Jewelzz...

Thanks for the welcome, and for the link!

4. Alan

Alan its only fun

Hi rojak,

First off welcome to the forum ;)

Done a search for you and found this

It won't necessarily be named outlook.pst. Try searching for *.pst and see what you find.
    You can also get Outlook to tell you where your .pst is. In Outlook, click on tools > services. Select Personal Folders from the list and click Properties. The location of the .pst file is in the Path field.

Hope this helps you

Cheers
    Alan

5. rojak

rojak Guest

Alan

First of all...thanks for the welcome!

I appreciate your time and reply about the search option. I think (hope) I have it under control now.

Also, wanted to tell you I surfed around your site a bit...pretty funny stuff you have there. Have a friend who continuously sends me lovely email photos. So I'll get 'em back with your BBQtime photo. Hope you don't mind me sharing that...um, well, fine hunk 'o pork with them.

:D

Cheers

6. Alan

Alan its only fun

Glad to here you got your problem solved, well,under control.

And thanks for the comments about my site, much appreciated :D

Cheers
    Alan