Xen V1.79b

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TR!GG3R, May 22, 2002.

1. TR!GG3R

TR!GG3R Guest

that xen thing on frontpage Posted by waddy on Wednesday, May 22 @ 09:12:05 BST waddy i think u deserve to be shot for posting this heap ov SH!TE :mad: (pardon my french but its just completly wiped my xp windows folder ) ive just had to reinstall coz ov this damn prog so i warn others u can try it at ya your own risk
    :mad: but for me i got a few hours to get back to normal now so catch yaz dafta

2. Sage

Sage Guest

Thxs for the heads up

Thanks for the info I will not try this program now, good thing I checked here first as I had downloaded it already, but had not installed it. It's headed now for the recycle bin.

3. Jim

Jim Guest

Worst prog Ive seen for ages!!!:mad:

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

ouch. just another example why you don't try programs before others comment on them first.

5. saabmonster

saabmonster Guest

Hi Dudes,

Well I have to disagree Tr!gg3r on this. I have run Xen and XenTweak on several different systems and have found it to work very well indeed. I love XenTweak and can't wait until it comes out on XP.

I have ran all the cleanup options and have no problems as what Tr!gg3r describes. I have emailed the author about a couple of things and he has helped me out really quickly.

I`m just on reading throught the tweaking document on http://www.x9000.net and I must say its a bloody good read !

Laters

Bob

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I guess you have to be careful with any tool described to "cleans your pc of horrible unwanted temp files and general build up."

Hmm, I hope you didn't use it with XP?
    "XenTweak will soon be on it's way for windows XP and is currently available for all 9x versions of windows. "

Also note that waddy did not test this program either...
    Sorry for your troubles, your warnings will help others to be more cautious.

7. TR!GG3R

TR!GG3R Guest

umm well i tried it on xp pro thats how i had to reformat :mad:

8. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Does anybody ever use system restore? Just wan't to know if it works or not because that's what it is there for. Of course if it does not work...........then format. :confused:

9. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

"XenTweak will soon be on it's way for windows XP and is currently available for all 9x versions of windows. "

Do NOT use this current version with WindowsXP.

10. saabmonster

saabmonster Guest

I have used Xen on XP Pro and have had no problems with the cleanup options. I tried running the other versions of Tweak XP on my system but it cleverly detects my operating system and tells me that I cannot run it.

However I have ran the Tweaker on my ME system and my fathers 2K machine and have had no problems.

Bob