Xbox 360 Arcade System - Backward Compatibility and Shinyness

the arcade is not backwards compatible....

thats
the
question

now this is how i'm going to post from now on haha.

The reason its not compatible is because it doesn't ship with a HDD, I bought one seperately.

but isn't the separate hdd and arcade package the same as the pro package in price.

I ordered the 120 gig from Hong Kong for a fraction of the retail.

IT'LL PROBABLY HAVE CHINESE SPY **** ON IT
how much?

Can't remember, but I used the xbox to format it anyway ;p

The reason its not compatible is because it doesn't ship with a HDD, I bought one seperately.

Now when you did the update, did it take fully? Have you tried to do the update again?

Also, what if the disc is from a different country or region than the console? Then it wouldn't play. Have you tried any other original Xbox games?

Found this on MicroSquish site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909819

Last edited:
The update said it was sucessful when I downloaded the file and put it on a CD, but it still wouldn't sucesfully load halo2 etc.

The arcade system is definately backwards compatible if you buy a UK hard drive. My arcade system won't play Oringinal Xbox games as my Hard Drive is from Hong Kong too. So far, i've:
  • Tried my Original games on another system - They work fine,
  • Tried a UK Hard drive on my system - Games work fine,
  • Tried my hard drive on another system - Games dont work

The only link to any of it is that the Hard Drive was from Hong Kong. I've spent a week so far emailing MS support but with no joy. Tried the clear system cache button combo but that doesn't work, nor does updating the system software with a CD. I've rung MS support but they don't know what it is and so my problem has been "elevated" and someone from MS is meant to be ringing me back within 72hrs.

The actual drive works fine to save/load game data so it must be a software issue with Hong Kong drives. When i got it i formatted the drive so it must be software on the drive that doesn't get wiped when formatted through the console. This is doing my head in now, especially because no-one on the support phone lines or email knows what to do! Aargh! :cry:

Thats good to know Muly... I don't really wanna wipe my disk but I will see what can be moved to the memory card and then see what can be done.

What is the volume label (if it applies?) of the UK 120 gig HDD?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back