x64 won't recognize my USB mouse or keyboard

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tuffgong4, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

so I'm installing x64 on my new computer that I'm building but the only time that my computer recognizes my usb keyboard and mouse is in the bios. Before I installed my P965 chipset drivers it worked. But after it doesn't.

I just don't understand. I installed the drivers for both with just a PS/2 keyboard that was from my mom's computer but it just won't recognize them.

I can't think of anything. I'm at a loss

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

After the computer boots up and is sitting at the logon screen try unplugging both devices, waiting a moment, then plugging them back in. See if that fixes the issue. If not, try a different USB port.

3. Tuffgong4

I've tried different USB ports and everything. The USB works fine when I'm in the Bios and worked before the chipset driver installation but nothing since.

Even after getting into windows I've tried plugging them in so that windows can detect them but nothing is detected.

4. madmatt

5. Tuffgong4

I'm hoping it's a bios issue or updating the drivers to possibly a newer version might correct this. I will flash the bios tomorrow...(too busy today) and install the drivers.
    This really stinks.

6. madmatt

What chipset drivers are you using? The ones that came on a CD with the board itself or the latest version from Intel?

It's possible that (if you are using the ones on the CD) they are not compatible with x64. The link above is for all operating systems including x64.

7. Tuffgong4

I'm going to try that as well. Hope I can clear it up cause everything else is working just fine. Will post back tomorrow when I get a chance to fix things.

Thanks for the help madmatt (can't give you more rep, need to spread it around)

If anyone else has suggestions or have had this problem please post as well.