WYSIWYG in Mozilla?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by jkoXP, Aug 7, 2003.

1. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

I realize that it seems to be an IE propietery thing, but is there some sort of plugin that allows Mozilla to use this?

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Whaddja mean? For Web editing? That's already present in Mozilla.

3. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

Can you show me an example? I know vB is working on getting it to work right in it's next beta release of vB3 which is great news.

4. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I don't use Mozilla, I use the Firebird version (browser only). I have found a link with things that explain the stuff behind web-editing with Mozilla.
    One question though: Why doesn't it work with vB? All a WYSIWYG editor does is show the page with the rendering engine (for example, Frontpage uses the IE engine and Mozilla Composer uses the gecko (=Mozilla and Netscape) engine), with a few extensions.

5. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

Not sure why it doesnt work. I have Mozilla 1.4.1 and I'm running vB3 beta 5 privatly right now and it doesnt show. The devs said they are working on getting it to work. Which is good, because it looks awesome in IE.

6. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Oh, you mean the forums don't work with Mozilla? I never understood your question. Sorry if I confused you.

7. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

use the validator from http://www.w3.org/ and check if their code is alright, you never know

8. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

Ok, let me clear it up.

The WYSIWYG editor does work in Mozilla (I just found that out). vBulletin 3 was developed from scratch, they didnt just enhance the code from vBulletin 2.x.x. All of their HTML is XHTML compliant which is great news. vB is still in beta stages, and they just said the WYSIWYG bar is not currently working in Mozilla, but the next beta should be.

9. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

I'm still confused why you use the word WYSIWYG...
    WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get

10. jkoXP

jkoXP Guest

Yes I know that....

11. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

So what are you trying to say?! which editor doesnt work in mozilla (you're obviously not talking about mozilla's editor)? what has vB3 got to do with it?

12. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

I think vB has a feature called WYSIWYG and that that feature doesn't work in the Mozilla browser (and naturally also not in the editor). Am I correct?