WOW! this so made my day hardive warranty

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by VenomXt, Feb 3, 2005.

1. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

as many of you might remember i had some bad luck weith a psu killing hardrives. well one of the drives it killed wa sa WD 120 gig. And at time of death it was out of warranty... BUT!!!! WD recently expanded there warranty's on all there drives and now its back in warranty lol so.. Im RMAing it... this so made my day who cant use a new 120 gig hehe. Putting me at a total of 720 gigs! yah!

so check your warrantys.

Kush, Maveric169 and Perris Calderon like this.
  2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

BINGO!!!

that's a nice turn around

3. VenomXt

indeed 90 bucks coming in in merch hehe. makes my serve go from 100-220 (in imagination world stupid conversion hehe)

4. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Western Digital is good with HD returns and or repairs anyways. I sent them an old HD from 1995, they contacted me asking if anything was on it, i said no, asked me for the origional receipt, which i did not have, and the lady said "Is it important to get a new one", i say "no", so she says "Well, would you like a new one, we have a few lying around according to this" *typing in background*, all i need is a shipping address (I had forgotten to attach it). Gave it to her, and she said i would get one within a few weeks.

Few weeks later Fedex has a package for me with a brandnew WD HD. Same model number. Worked like a charm as well :D

5. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Wow, Rep points for you straycoz, I didn't know it but with their new plicy I have 15 days of warentee time now on my dead HDD!!! YEA!!!

6. Kush

Kush High On Life!

wow, extendid to how long?

Mainframeguy likes this.
  7. VenomXt

i think they took it to 4 years. something about quality of there product.. but i tell you what i may have had 3 of them die on me (PSU) but im gona keep buying them. i mean this is ther 3rd iv rma'd and they are really great about it.

thanks for the rep btw. hehe

8. Kush

Kush High On Life!

welcome for the rep dude, its all good

9. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

I must be doing something wrong. 15 years using WD drives and I never had one die on me. I have some 4 gig drives I still pull out and use for "play time". I threw away the ones under a gig.

10. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

I only had one die on me, and it was a refurbished drive that I had gotten for free. Even then, I was able to use inexpensive recovery software to remove all the data from it.

Melon