Worm

Dave I have scanned the system 50 times but nothing is found .I have no idea how AVG can tell me it's there but not find it when I run the AVG virus scan.Either it's there or it isn't .It just doesn't make sense

Yes but you must look in the registry. If you are not sure how to do this let me know as I'm not sure either. But there are people here who can help.

Also looked in registry and everything is as it should be.It hasn't got out yet and is just sitting there waiting.I can feel it laughing at me:)

s-laughing.gif

It's not over till the fat lady sings and she ain't singing yet:) Just got another warning ,looks like I'm just gonna have to live with it :(

There is a small possibility (very small) that the virus has been engineered to copy itself to an area of your computer that can’t be scanned by any virus scanner (yet).
This includes areas of your hard drive like disk maintenance areas (IDE/SCSI drives) or areas of you BIOS reserved for OEM’s or unique XP info such as your machine location that XP can read and write to when you first install it.

If this is the case you are going to have trouble removing the worm. No virus removal programmes I know can do this. But I bet someone on this board knows how it’s done as I’ve seen solutions to this type of problem posted before, just can’t remember how it’s done though.

If you’ve got a recent Gigabyte MB just zero the BIOS and it will automatically re-load from the other BIOS (backup) even then you might not remove it without doing a low level format as supplied by your hard drive manufacturer.

Can’t think of anything else.

Can you believe it's actually gone.I don't know what I did but I've had no warnings since yesterday afternoon:)Thanks for all the help.......It's good to know you guys are here to ask about these things and that I'll get good help from you all:) So I'm off to have a "No Worm Celebration"Thanks again

I'm off to have a "No Worm Celebration" - you go girl - enjoy and we're happy that you are happy and maybe your daughter is happy that the worm is gone too!;)

It's great to hear that it's gone Marge, good for you!:) I know how stressful it can be when you know something is in there that can mess everthing up...enjoy your relief!!:D

Whey hey,

Glad its all over Marge :):)

Have a great "No worm part'aye"
SIG_bigdance.gif

Alan

bluegrab.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back