World of Warcraft

If they offer server transfers, I'll be the first to jump on a normal server. The only times you have PvP encounters outside of BGs anyway is when you're questing, trying to get somewhere, or waiting outside of an instance; basically at times when you'd rather not.

I've only been playing this for a few hours but I have to say that it's absolutely awesome! It's like Morrowind, but better!

Well, it's now 13 hours since I started playing and I'm just about at level 10. I believe this could be the end of me...

until you hit lvl 60 and get bored like a lot of us are.

Last edited:
it's fun for a while...... but then it just get's old. takes way too long to level. think it'd have been better if they made creatures give a set amount of exp..... not this stupid "More exp. for higher level than you...... absolutely nothing for 4-5 levels lower than you" crap. i honestly wish i didn't spend so much freakin money on the game that i didn't really have to spend....

wish i could sell my freakin account......

I just wish there was something just as good or better out there so I could move on. i've tried EQ2 and CoV as potential replacements but didn't work out. EQ2's combat patch killed it for me. went from fun to a job. CoV was just boring and repetitive. No loot, tradeskills, etc just didn't cut it for me.

In the end i reactivated my WoW account and rolled a warrior. figured i'd give the opposite end of the spectrum a try. my main is a warlock.

I am glad I went with Guild Wars ...

ED sell your account on EBAY

Last edited:
Kermit_The_Frog said:
I am glad I went with Guild Wars ...

Heh...I'm glad I went Guild Wars, too. I have a Me/Mo, E/Me, Mo/W, and a W/Mo, all ascended. Only the Monk and the Warrior have beaten the game, though.

Guild Wars gave me a nice break from WoW. Six months out of wow, and two months out of GW, I'm back. I just don't play GW much anymore because I got burned out of it; I probably would do more if I could have six characters (why in the world do they give you six classes but only four character slots?! Argh...it's infuriating).

Having seen everything there is to see in both, I can honestly say that GW and WoW are two experiences that one can have simultaneously. If you don't have a ton of time (and don't like things getting too complex), GW is an excellent choice. If you like an in-depth, gigantic world to immerse yourself in (and have a TON of time to spare), go with WoW.

Guild Wars has actually afforded me a lot of experiences that I carried back with me when I returned to WoW, and I'm a much better player because of it. GW teaches excellent basics of the MMO, and is a ton of fun to play as well. If it were as long and huge as WoW, I'd play it more; the fun-per-minute was definitely higher. The problem is that it just doesn't offer enough to keep my attention for the long haul.

One thing worth looking for is the new Dungeons and Dragons Stormreach game. I was in the stress test, and it has the structure of Guildwars in terms of instances but more places where players can meet / greet. Also, there is no ultra special armour as such, so it cuts out the L337 Haxx0r type of player and eliteists found in WoW. Finally, when you imporve something like jump you actually start to jump higher, so it isn't a "generic" improv like just seeing numbers move up in WoW.

I plan to get it if it makes it way over to a european server when its released.

meh..... eBay's a ripoff. from what my friend told me, they were thinkin about sellin stuff on eBay, so they called them to find out exactly how it works..... and i think he said that the person at eBay told them that they take like a 10% comission on however much your item sells for, plus i think he said like..... another 5% if there was a reserve price, or somethin like that. one person IM'd me the other day.... he's gonna buy it off me for like.... $110.... unless any of you have a better offer? lol.

Petros said:
Heh...I'm glad I went Guild Wars, too. I have a Me/Mo, E/Me, Mo/W, and a W/Mo, all ascended. Only the Monk and the Warrior have beaten the game, though.

Guild Wars gave me a nice break from WoW. Six months out of wow, and two months out of GW, I'm back. I just don't play GW much anymore because I got burned out of it; I probably would do more if I could have six characters (why in the world do they give you six classes but only four character slots?! Argh...it's infuriating).

Having seen everything there is to see in both, I can honestly say that GW and WoW are two experiences that one can have simultaneously. If you don't have a ton of time (and don't like things getting too complex), GW is an excellent choice. If you like an in-depth, gigantic world to immerse yourself in (and have a TON of time to spare), go with WoW.

Guild Wars has actually afforded me a lot of experiences that I carried back with me when I returned to WoW, and I'm a much better player because of it. GW teaches excellent basics of the MMO, and is a ton of fun to play as well. If it were as long and huge as WoW, I'd play it more; the fun-per-minute was definitely higher. The problem is that it just doesn't offer enough to keep my attention for the long haul.

Dont mean to hijack sry ....

Well GW is going to be a series of updates instead of one massive release it will be released over time, that was the other choice from paying as you play.

Its where you have to pay more for your drinks and talk to people, rather than getting people to deliver Corona in bulk and sit in the dark, I don't see what all the hype is about really.

Yeah, its really over-rated...... but doesnt the net count as social?

I played both GW and WoW, found WoW to be about.... 375.24% better then GW. GW was fun, for about 30 minutes. The lack of depth and well anything that involves skill turned me off. Been playing WoW again lately... tis a great game. :D

Aprox said:
Yeah, its really over-rated...... but doesnt the net count as social?

I played both GW and WoW, found WoW to be about.... 375.24% better then GW. GW was fun, for about 30 minutes. The lack of depth and well anything that involves skill turned me off. Been playing WoW again lately... tis a great game. :D

Hey to each its own looking at a topten list from gamespy ... mmm seems they dont have your opinion at all about GW.

:)

i think Gamespy might also be taking into consideration...:
Guild Wars = $49.99 (?)
WoW = $???.??
one major reason people didn't like WoW so much.

Well it is a given that value for $ GW won 1st prize overall .. dont get me wrong again sry this is not a hijack lol , I like WOW .. just as another choice GW is there. WOW is very expensive in the end.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back