World of Warcraft

Gah that last patch really screwed up our pets, which are very important for hunters.
They reduced the attack radius to 40 yards and when we mount our pets are automatically set to follow... poor stuff, I just hope the upcoming "hunter patch" makes us as powerful as we should be.

Electronic Punk said:
Gah that last patch really screwed up our pets, which are very important for hunters.
They reduced the attack radius to 40 yards and when we mount our pets are automatically set to follow... poor stuff, I just hope the upcoming "hunter patch" makes us as powerful as we should be.

powerful as they should be? I think they already are.. a hunter can attack anyone inside a major town sick the pet on the person fgein death, and watch the person run arund and hope the bruisers/guards save them.

I have been killed at least 4 times by this very scenario... where 2 hunters pulled this BS on me, it should be if you are defending yourself the bruisers dont attack you when you lay waste to that pathetic turd, instead they always turn on me...

and YES before you guys ask I have good faction... and this happened in Gadgetzan (ssp??)

Unwonted said:
Hehe...let's just say some kid in England owns it now, and good riddance. Warlocks have a road of tears at all levels, although the second most recent patch added insta-cast Siphon Life (which it should have been all along, it's so weak...12 HP per second and the spell has a 3 second cast? C'mon...) You're only effective in a group, like a healing priest, except you can't heal. People only take you for your soulstones, healthstones, and weak AoE.

Imagine if every useful ability you had required a reagent that you could only get from killing a level 50+ mob in a certain fashion, and this reagent did NOT stack and filled your inventory, and you had to use three or four in every fight.

NOt saying I dont agree with you... but lets face it we are cloth wearing HIGH DPS casters...

we were WAY overpowered when we first came out, you and I BOTH know it...

My warlock is only 47th, but I know he was overpowered, a gnome warlock at that, and I went ALL stam gear and had over 2k HP and almost 4k Mana you tell me we werent powerful? I mean what other class can solo Elites 3 levels above them? I dont know of any others that can... IF mages had the mana maybe, Hunters same thing... they run out of mana, warriors dont stand a chance unless they are taurne and have heavyrunecloths bandages and healing pots... ALL I am saying is that we were WAY OVER powered, and then sadly they ganked us... and now they are trying to rebalance the class....

I read the notes and it seems that they are giving in to some of the arguements warlocks have been making for a while now.

:)

May have to try that, but on our server alliance heavily outnumber us so when I do finally get one of em to flee it is annoying that I can't quite catch them on horseback, or they have that pathetic immunity shield on.

Electronic Punk said:
May have to try that, but on our server alliance heavily outnumber us so when I do finally get one of em to flee it is annoying that I can't quite catch them on horseback, or they have that pathetic immunity shield on.

if you ask around you will find people selling sticky glue (I think thats what its called)... it is awesome it is level based and it is a hunters best friend use conc shot till they get close, hit them with the glue get back in gun/bow range, drop a freeze trap and resume pelting their asses...

and for runners if you see them turn to run, hit them with the sticky glue and paste them... for people on horse back, get an engineer to make you a discombobulator ray.. it dismounts everytime...

:D

mlakrid said:
we were WAY OVER powered, and then sadly they ganked us... and now they are trying to rebalance the class....

They blew up warlocks around Dec-Jan sometime, and the empty promises and phantom "working onits" only held me through til May. I heard they are totally changing the talent trees and refunding all points.

They already did this last patch...

and they got soullink right you get 1/2 dmg from you to your pet as it was meant to be... so conjure a BIG BOY, and let that warrior beat on you as the elemental beats him to death...

:D

I saw also in the patch notes that you get a guaranteed 5 mins from the infernal. I always got pissed when he would break at 30 seconds. I'd take him into the auction house and have warlocks continuously banish him (me included). Sometimes he takes out people's level 1 alts in there. The Doomguard is not as fun because he dies faster, but he makes dueling anybody, regardless of the skill or class of the player, a joke.

Good times, good times.

Last edited:
You mean to say the doom guard dies faster? That doesnt make sense to me I thought the DG was higher level then the infernal?

maybe I will have to start playing my warlock again

The Infernal has crazy armor. Doesn't do nearly the damage, but lasts an extra, extra, extra long time.

hit 60 a few days ago!!! good to see everyone again, kinda lost contact with the world trying to get to 60.

Congrats! Is it just me, or did 48-60 take FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEVEVER? It seemed like I was stuck there for a long time. The new spells and abilities you get at 60 sure are nice though.

thanks unwonted!!!

yes, 48-60 was definitely the most difficult phase. it does seem like i spent a good month getting from 48-60. the very worst was 54-58 because there wasn't much to do but grind it out. at 58 i could start doing scholomance, stratholme, lbrs, ubrs, etc. so it was easier, except all the 60s ever want to do is raid because doing 5 man runs of any instances is basically a waste of time. spending less time is all good, except raiding gives no exp to a level 58. anyway, that's all in the past now, i enjoy being 60.

only problem now is i don't have the epic items that all the 60s have. i'm trying to run molten core more often with my guild, but it takes way too long, and i don't have enough raid points to really bid on any items anyway. i'm lucky that priests are still good PvP without all the epic items - right now i have 4/8 of the dreadmist raiment, 2/8 of the vestments of the devout, and 1/8 of the magister's regallia, so my items are pretty good, just not at epic level yet. all that aside, being 60 is extremely fun, and well worth the wait.

Because I haven't played for a while, I am rested right up to the end of level 58 hehe

Level 57.5 - got 2 epic items so far including the Dwarf Hand Cannon and some Hunter wrists. Can't use the wrists yet, so kinda felt bad when I won the roll.

Level 62 elites in Molten Core :eek:

almost 53rd now...

SOOO CLOSE....

I dont fear any one person... HORDE RULE for PVP on my server LIGHTNING's BLADE

Taug
52nd Orc SHaman
Nightmare on Elf Street Guild

Half way thru 59 :)
took 5 hours, so maybe 5 hours more eh?

Electronic Punk said:
Half way thru 59 :)
took 5 hours, so maybe 5 hours more eh?

THats AWESOME man, 5 hours for half way through 59, thats SMOKING!

Grats....

If anyone likes playing horde, or would like to play Horde on a PVP server, make a character on Lightnings Blade and whisper Taug...

I would gladly make it worht your time too... :D

We need people to start doing MC runs with

lol, Yeah, I'm stuck at 48 with my druid...Kinda driving me nuts now. So for the time being until some of the lower guildies catch up *strongbadian exiles* I'm gonna play the Ebay game with the AH. If anyone is on Doomhammer, I'm Nezruhl, shout out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back