World of Warcraft

Blue Jack said:
Did they fix warriors yet? My mains were a rogue and a warrior, and my warrior was such a sissy. The whole thinking of making a rogue the king of melee was just astounding to me... Then again, I'm an old NWNs player. A rogue should be a nimble, stealthy character that should "hit and run". A warrior should be a character to put the smack down on anybody in melee. After all, its a warrior.... And my rogue was so easy to play...too easy.. especially in PvP, it wasn't fun anymore.

I guess if they did something decent to warriors I might come back. But I seem to get more enjoyment spending that $15 on beer at the moment :)

Warriors have been buffed; I originally looked at them and laughed, and my warlock was easily able to waste 3 levels higher than me (if they weren't undead). Now I dread them (and every other class; read the warlock forums if you want to see some serious crap for a class).

Guild Wars is just too fascinating for me now. I realized that the thing I hated most about Warcraft (aside from my class being nerfed to hell) was travelling and gryphons, which GW eliminated. Click where you want to be and you're there...no sitting an hour at the instance entrance, fighting off the opposite faction waiting for everyone to show up. And if you're the warlock and didn't show up first to the instance, people started screaming "WHY ISANT TEH WALCOK AT THE INStANCE? Yuo summen me, baetsard cauz i got to fiddal with my auxions and maek my mount hump teh malebox."

Blue Jack said:
Wow, you guys are *still* playing this?!

Logistic, try Ashzara (sp?) its over near the Night Elf region, way east of Astranaar? (Sorry, its been a long time since I played). As soon as you enter the zone there are some ghost thingies that drop decent gold and that magewaeve or whatever cloth.

I already had a mount by 40, but that was one of my post-40 grinding spots. Also that zone is littered with chests that spawn some blue items. Or it did when I was playing months ago...

Did they fix warriors yet? My mains were a rogue and a warrior, and my warrior was such a sissy. The whole thinking of making a rogue the king of melee was just astounding to me... Then again, I'm an old NWNs player. A rogue should be a nimble, stealthy character that should "hit and run". A warrior should be a character to put the smack down on anybody in melee. After all, its a warrior.... And my rogue was so easy to play...too easy.. especially in PvP, it wasn't fun anymore.

I guess if they did something decent to warriors I might come back. But I seem to get more enjoyment spending that $15 on beer at the moment :)

BOY did they ever!! The warrior is as they should be now, all the talents you can get as an ARMS/Fury warrior are sick sick sick... then all you need is 2 sets of weaponry for when you want to change weapons and/or stances, and in melee nothing can touch a well played warrior.

I watched a warrior (tauren) and a paladin (dwarf) fighting at SM and the Pally got his A$$ kicked, and not like close.... BAD>>> I was shocked to say the VERY least... They absolutely ROCK.

THe trick with warriors now is having a good weapon swap add-on and knowing how/when to switch stances... with all the DMG talents warriors have they can now turn anyone who stands before them into mush.. very kewl indeed

Last edited:
I might have to check that out. I was arms/fury util lvl 56 then I switched to protection. Prot specced was boring as heck, but necessary for tanking with the nuke happy mages I was playing with. It was hard back then to get in on raid groups as a arms warrior.

I was well familiar with the stance dancing I had a macro for just about every warrior ability I knew about.

I really just want to make a dual weilding fury warrior and just have fun doing PvP. But I couldn't find a successful build/combo to do that. My respeccing cost was already capped at 50 gold a pop from trying so many different options.

Blue Jack said:
I might have to check that out...
I was well familiar with the stance dancing I had a macro for just about every warrior ability I knew about.
I really just want to make a dual weilding fury warrior and just have fun doing PvP. But I couldn't find a successful build/combo to do that. My respeccing cost was already capped at 50 gold a pop from trying so many different options.

Good to hear, what server are you on?

Im on Lightnings Blade...

just about to crack 40 with my shaman...

:D

TAUG Orc Shaman 39th level
Lightnings Blade

mlakrid said:
Good to hear, what server are you on?

Im on Lightnings Blade...

just about to crack 40 with my shaman...

TAUG Orc Shaman 39th level
Lightnings Blade

Sorry in the delay, busy weekend...

My warriors were on Cenerian Circle (rp) and my rogue was on Warsong. Yeah I did the whole RP thing with the warior, I though it was perfect rolepaying a drunkin dwarf all the time :) The RP servers are not as bad as the WoW Forums make them out to be. My rogue was undead and he was just a murderer :)

Blue Jack said:
The RP servers are not as bad as the WoW Forums make them out to be. My rogue was undead and he was just a murderer :)

RPers are some of the nicest, most intelligent people I know in real life. Although I never played on an RP server, I'm sure there was a lot of niceness and intelligence there, too. I'm not open-minded (or have attention span) enough to step into the RP world though.

Electronic Punk said:
What is different on an RP server?
If RP = Role Playing then probably alot. Folks like this are more about community, and acting in character then just running around and causing trouble, PK'ing folks and all that good stuff. :)

Electronic Punk said:
What is different on an RP server?

Here's how I see it (and it's a darn good way to see it too): If you are a rude person, you will play on a server that facilitates that personality trait...thus, PvP. Most (but not all) of the irritating people have been siphoned from normal and RP servers. RP are more community oriented, usually being even nicer than the Normal server players.

The 1.5 patch is out in the USA.
Europeans have to wait until tomorrow?

Yup, Europe tomorrow definatly:

The weekly maintenance will begin two hours earlier this week, at 3:00 AM, due to the implementation of the 1.5.0 patch. The maintenance will end at 11:00 AM (Paris Time, UTC/GMT+2) as normal.

Nope, still on Lightnings Blade...

47th about to crack 48th everyone in my guild has at least 1 60 already...

Unwonted, why don't you come join me? My guild while closed would not shun someone I spoke for.

What ya say? Anyone BUELER?? BUELER??

WoW is dead to me, I think. When I talk to my friends who are still obsessively playing, it's like talking about Pennsylvania with people who used to live there. You never plan on moving back, but there's a lot of fond memories.

I reminisce with real-life friends and read the forums from time to time, and both sources keep telling me that nothing has changed. Blizzard even said last month that they now have over two million subscribers! They will never take the effort to fix anything as long as people willingly shell out money.

It makes me /cry. WoW is such a rich, engaging game, torn down by lack of high level content, eternal grinding, cookie-cutter class imbalances, bugs, and queues. Some will tell me, "Why are you playing MMOs then?" Maybe they're right...it's not my bag, baby. And my wife likes the additional attention she's getting now.

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=78757http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=78757&highlight=blizzcon

dont suppose you would give me run of your other account? I could dual box a char for you and onbe of mine, and should you decide to play, you would have one leveling up without need of your time involved hehe

just a thought...

Hehe...let's just say some kid in England owns it now, and good riddance. Warlocks have a road of tears at all levels, although the second most recent patch added insta-cast Siphon Life (which it should have been all along, it's so weak...12 HP per second and the spell has a 3 second cast? C'mon...) You're only effective in a group, like a healing priest, except you can't heal. People only take you for your soulstones, healthstones, and weak AoE.

Imagine if every useful ability you had required a reagent that you could only get from killing a level 50+ mob in a certain fashion, and this reagent did NOT stack and filled your inventory, and you had to use three or four in every fight.

Last edited:
I just started playing again, after about 4 months of inactivity. Even though the game has bugs Its nice to be playing again. I play on Silver Hand which is a RP server. As someone said most of the people on RP servers are extreamly nice and smart and willing to help without the slightest reward for their efforts. The game has come a long way in those 4 months though, with complete class rebuilds major lag improvements (90ms average now) Its a lot better then it used to be. All the game needs is volumentric shadows, weather, better particle system (spells) and a reduced monthly cost and it will be perfecto!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back