WolfKing Warrior Game Keypad

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1926403,00.asp

0,1425,sz=1&i=119385,00.jpg

Ever since games like Wolfenstein 3D and Doom came out in the early 90s, gamers who play first person shooters (FPS) have had a love-hate relationship with the keyboard. Today, despite a quantum leap in the state of computer technology since that time, a lot of us are still stuck with a standard keyboard or WASD layout to play games—and the feeling ain't sweet like Valentine's Day. We've tried other off-beat gaming peripherals in the past, such as the Mystify Claw, or even a 21st Century Programmable Keyboard. They were good, but not quite what we wanted.

That was until we came across the Wolf Claw Type II keyboard from a small company in Singapore last summer. To a normal keyboard, the Wolf Claw added a dedicated WASD-friendly gaming area to the left. Although our review was positive and many community members said "gimme!" many other holdouts weren't convinced enough to abandon their existing keyboard and to foot the extra shipping costs. Even people in our forums let us and the company know what they wanted.

Now WolfKing has opened shop in the U.S. and is releasing its newest product, the Warrior, a new and improved version of this dedicated gaming area as a standalone and portable unit. The Warrior comes in the same size and form as the original Wolf Claw gaming pad, but adds 12 small function keys and 3 buttons (for a total of 55 controls). Its well-thought-out placement of common keys in FPS games ensures a quick and efficient style of playing.

We decided to fire up our graphics card, plug in this beast, and see if this is what every FPS gamer should have. Continued...

like the idea.... don't think the design's gonna go too well. i think they crammed WAY too much into that small area.... would take some uber-pinpoint fingerwork to hit the exact key you wanted to. think about it..... look at the M, H, and N keys near the bottom of that spacebar...... when you look at it, those 3 keys are down even LOWER than where a space bar would normally be on a regular keyboard (since the Z, X, and C keys are double-height), which is nowhere near a comfortable place to stretch a finger during heavy gaming.

i think i might like it. But i doubt i will be buying it any time soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back