Wireless Mouse & Keyboards

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bman, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I have been looking around for wireless sets, and singles.

Then I started thinking how I always hated how they call them wireless. When you have to plug in that friggin wired signal thing, and then it looks crappy and is not 100% wireless.

I was thinking they should come out with something that is the size of a usb key that you can plug into the back of your computer and then your good to go. Then I thought, maybe they do....

Sooooo I came here to ask, if there is anything like that?

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

I have just seen mice.

3. Bman

Links, info....

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

My apple keyboard and mouse don't have any wires or a silly wired base station. You probably want to look for bluetooth devices as you'll have a greater degree of choices when it comes to the actual dongle device.

5. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Bluetooth dongles are tiny devices you just plug into your computer. I bought one for $20 a few years ago. You can then use any bluetooth keyboard you find on the market with it, and use it within 30 feet :D.

Apple's wireless keyboard is very cool and slick looking, especially the bluetooth one, but it is not full size. Microsoft also makes very good keyboards. As for a mouse, go with a Microsoft mouse. I have owned the Apple mighty mouse, and I hated it, and Logitech mice seem to jump around on my mouse pad like there is no tomorrow.

6. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

mm... try microsoft laptop mouses... they come with a tiny usb stick... not the big station desktop ones come (btw, i also think its pretty stupid having a wireless mouse with a huge station that has a long cord, so much for wireless :p)
    the only bad thing is that they're not as big as desktop mouses... but they work as good.. and they're always ambidextrous (for me, being left handed, its a huge deal... heheh)

oh, and xistence... your advice on keyboards seems pretty cool... do u need to config anything when u use that setup? (i mean, the bt dongle + bt key)

7. Bman

I like Microsoft Keyboards, I have a wired Multimedia Keyboard from there, and want a wired one of it, which they have, but dont think its bluetooth.

I have a Logitech G5 Gamers mouse, which I love, and want wireless, I dont assume they have that in bluetooth eh?

8. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

sorry but are you guys serious..... here bman i'll save you..

These are the best mice you can buy right now, nothing else like them.

Personally if money wasn't a big deal i'd get the MX Revolution, personally i own the MX610.

MX Revolution $79.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104015&Tpk=Mx%2bRevolution

VX Revolution $49.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104016

VX Nano $59.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104080&Tpk=VX+Nano

MX Air $144
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104089

And personally what i use, the best mouse i've ever owned.

MX610 $43.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104196

Bman likes this.
  9. Bman

Thanks, awesome!

10. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

logitech fanboy anyone? :p

11. Bman

Since I got my G5 Mouse about a year ago, I guess I would be one as well. I really enjoy them, didn't know they had that wireless design.

Now, anyone got an idea on keyboards. I wish I could have the one I have now but with that technology.

12. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

i used to not give a crap about mice, but then i go the mx610, it changed the way i use mice, i think that says something about a company.

13. Android412

Android412 OSNN Addict

I went with the Logitech G7, it was on sale and ended up loving it. I comes with 2 batteries and a little charging dock, and I just use it right on my couch without a mouse pad, for my HTPC.

14. greentea

greentea OSNN Addict