Wireless Card Won't Enable. Help!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by percy, Nov 16, 2004.

1. percy

percy OSNN Senior Addict

i had just installed xp pro to my dell 9100 with a built in Dell 1300 wireless card because the xp home can't network with my desktop xp pro. after installing the xp pro i can't enable the wireless connection. it says that there is no available wireless network but my linksys befw11s is always on and i had even manually input the mac address of my notebook. i tried reinstalling the driver but still can't enable and see any wireless signal. i did try to reset the router but the same problem. I had installed the resource disc file Dell 1300 b/g wireless card driver but i know i have a Dell 1350 b/g wireless card. Could it be that i had installed the wrong driver 1300? should be 1350? :(

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

you probably dissabled the wireless service, or the computer doesn't recognize the hardware.

first see if the wirless service is running...then try leaving the card in while you're hardwired on line, then do a search for better drivers

3. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Yes, the ones that come on the cd are no good, goto dells web page and download the newest ones. I had this problem as well

and try hitting "FN" + "F2" that will enable/disable the radio on that laptop

4. percy

percy OSNN Senior Addict

i called dell support and they send me the link for the updated driver and after installing the new driver my wireless nic worked. thank you for the suggestions. :)

5. ironik

ironik OSNN One Post Wonder

percy,

Could you sure that link with us? I am having the same problems.....

6. ironik

ironik OSNN One Post Wonder

Also can anyone tell me if FN+F2 is to be done as a comand line????