WinXP Shutdown problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Droppo, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Droppo

Droppo Guest

When i select Shutdown it reboot. I've changed the configuration during the instalation to "standard" and works fine... for a few hours. later it reboots again everytime I want to shutdown.
    I don't know what can I do... i've try everything what people said, but nothing...
    If someone knows a solution, please answer this post.
    Sorry for my bad english... (I speak spanish...)

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
  3. Droppo

Droppo Guest

Thnx for that post... I'm going to test some "solutions" and I hope it will be fixed....
    Thnx a lot

4. Droppo

Droppo Guest

Î've deselected the option that restarts the PC when an error happens and I see an error that says...

***STOP: 0X0000000A (0X000002DC, 0X000000FF, 0X00000000, 0X804E9D48)

What means that???

5. prott1

prott1 Guest

Your Xp shutdown problems

Hello, I had the same problems with Windows XP Professional. You should try dumping the whole system and starting over from scratch with nothing loaded except the basic xp system... When you add in new programs always make sure you know what they are and what they are called. Next, always reboot or shutdown and bring back up 1-2 times to make sure the downloaded program is not conflicting with xp... I had this same problem. Everything would work fine until I downloaded something new, and then it would not shut down,, but instead would always boot back up.. Hope this helps..