WinXP is screwed

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dArK_CyAnIdE, Dec 17, 2001.

1. dArK_CyAnIdE

dArK_CyAnIdE Guest

my admin just got deleted AGAIN... the second time TODAY!!!! WTF??? #$%$#%$@&^$%@ **** MS Windows is a freakin piece of shit!!!!

Im about to go crazyyyy .. my school final term reserch as also srewed by windows... does it have problems with its application path or sumthg??? why is this always happening to me??? does anybody else have this proble??????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: like really crazy if i dont switch to linux or sumthg lol

2. Speed4Ever

Speed4Ever Guest

Are you talking about the default Administrator, or your ONLY admin-enabled account?

If its the former, you may still have it. Check in Computer management> Users.

If you did lose it, do a system restore, that should give it back if it is indeed gone.

What were you doing before you lost it?

Sorry, I've never heard of this before (not that it couldn't happen though). Theres gotta be a reason for it. Try back-tracking your steps to find out if you did something you shouldn't have.

What happened to your final term research? Did that disappear too?

3. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

thats why... always backup :)

4. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

From my experience if you are having problems with windows it is most likely the result of something that you did or didn't do.

The best thing you could do would be to backup your data files, reformat your hard drive, do a clean install of XP, do all of the updates, and then make sure that you only install programs or drivers that are compatible with XP.