winDVD4 problem..

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by stuy_b, May 9, 2002.

1. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I just got winDVD4 and for some bizarre reason everytime i launch it , it tries to dailup to the Internet. But if you stop the dialup it works no problem>?!?!?!?!

So what I/m asking is how can I stop it from starting up my dialup connection, when it doesnt really need it?

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I'm not sure why it wold be trying to dial in, althought the software, in it's dwonloadable form, must be activated over the internet so perhaps it has someyhing to do with that.

I'll have a quick look in the registry and see if there is anything obviosu making it try to connect...

Nope can't see anything. Iwill look it up and see if anyone else is having the same problems...

3. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

cheers electronic punk :)

btw..windvd4 rocks, much better than the previous versions, apart from mine wanting to dial out! :rolleyes:

I'm gonna run Norton Windoctor tonight, see if that finds anythink.

Stuy_b

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Yeah, from what I have read people are very excited aobutthe potential of the directshow filters that it allows Zoom Player / Windows Media Player to use -most of the sound technologies are available thru graphedit etc. great stuff.