Windows XP Update

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Seeking Up, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Seeking Up

Seeking Up Guest

Well this is just stumping me thought I might bring it up and see what you guys have to say about it or heard about it. OK so my friend asked me today to fix his computer but he had like 3 viruses and just a whole bunch of poo poo. So I told him it would be best just start fresh and he said ok. So I installed XP ok and then I go to update it and I did all the updates other then SP1 and I restarted and it came up with a message saying “Drive Not Ready- System Halted”. Then when I just tried starting it up again I can get the screen saying the computer was shut down incorrectly blah blah blah… and then I can go into safe mode but when I pick normal windows it gets to the loading screen and just loads those blue bars over and over and over again.

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Moved to OS :)

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If you don't want to format again try booting into safe mode then go to the control panel/add remove & remove the updates.

Probably best to load sp1 before updating.

4. Seeking Up

Seeking Up Guest

see i did that but then when i updated the other updates other then SP1 it messed up the computer and when i go into safe mode i dont know what update is making it screw up like it is

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown