windows XP trouble o no

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Brando457, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

When i boot my machine and have a few programs running such as mirc, IE, winamp, and aim in order for me to switch between programs i must minimize the program i am currently using or click my desktop icon and minimize to desktop again. any ideas on fixing this problem

Thanks in advance

2. bkrepfle

bkrepfle Guest

XP problems...

This is a legit copy of XP? If so, do you have any antivirus software installed, and if so, are your definitions up to date and have you performed a system scan lately?

3. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

yes to all of those questions

4. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Lo brando mate ;) hope the site is still going good :happy:

check his site out www.cheap-hookupz.com

I did graphics for it :happy:

Skazz

5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Do I understand your question right that clicking the taskbar buttons doesn't work when the windows are on the screen? Did you check whether any of the affected programs has a "always on top" setting? Does alt+tab work?

6. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

naw mein like if i click on winamp it ll come up and then if i try to click on internet explorer it doesnt come up unless i do the quick launch minimize desktop button and then click internet explorer

7. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

this problem sux :huh: :( :confused:

8. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Well from what I see in your System's Specs, this is a XP Corp version... Sooooooo it's not legit. :eek:

Maybe it could be the OS??? :confused:

Why don't you get a legit copy, reformat and install fresh. Then it will probably work correctly. :cool:

You said it is legit... ??? It's a Corporate Edition. Hmmmmmm??? You own a company???

Something you tweaked? If this problem just started, do a restore to a point before it (the problem) started. Then see if it works again or if the problem is still there.