Windows XP problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by blackspawn, Feb 9, 2003.

1. blackspawn

blackspawn Guest

I have a little problem with XP... My XP has 4 diferent profiles (one for me, for my sister, and my parents). I'm the main user so everything installed in the computer was done from my profile.
    The thing is only in my profile I am able to do searches on the internet.
    Whenever I write a word in some search box (wether it be google, cnet or any other site with a search box) in another profile other than my own, and click GO, search (whatever)... Nothing happens!

What's strage is that the internet is working in all profiles, I can acess sites and click on link and they work!

What's even stranger is that links in sites like google, yahoo refuse to work!!! I click them and nothing happens!

All profiles have the same IE settings.

Any help is apreciated, Thanks

2. zyfos

zyfos Resurrected

might could try the group policy editor or somethin. I'm thinkin it might could be a user type restriction (I'm assuming you are admin and they are regular users). dunno.

3. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Parental control ??

4. blackspawn

blackspawn Guest

I tried changing every user rights to administrator but I still get the same problem.

What do you mean? Windows doesn't have in-built parental control does it?
    I use NIS2003 but I think it doesn't have parental control...

5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Internet Explorer has inbuilt parental control, see the content tab in Internet Options. Norton Internet Security has it as well, if you choose to install it during setup.