Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by javen, Dec 2, 2001.

1. javen

javen Guest

GAH!! Somebody else has to have this problem...Ok, I still play quake tf (quakeworld). Anyway, i just installed windows xp prof. Everything is fine EXCEPT when i play tf the mouse does some weird things....I've been told it's some mouse acceleration thing with Win XP. I have no idea how to turn it off. In Counter Strike...there is a command that guys put into the command line that gets rid of the problem...well i dont' know of such a command for quake. Is there someway to fix is so annoying and has totally destroyed my aim...ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED...THANKS!
  2. waddy

waddy OSNN Senior Addict

3. XeoNoX

XeoNoX OSNN Senior Addict

everyone seems to have mouse problems, just buy a wheel mouse, sometimes old is better!
  4. Xav1eR

Xav1eR Guest

this helped me --->> control panel- mouse- pointer options - then turn off accleration...I believe it is a box that says "Enhance pointer percision"
  5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
  6. asianobody

asianobody Guest

does anyone know the command to type in for counterstrike? cause i'm having that problem. thanx
  7. RaDoN

RaDoN Guest

This is all I did... I had the same problem with XP when I first got it, but I found two ways to get around it. One way is with gamespy.

I recommend using gamespy because its an easy way to get a list of servers and keep your favorites.

1) Click the Gamespy menu
    2) Click Games and Filters
    3) You will see Halflife checked, double-click "Command Line"
    4) You will see HL.exe in the textbox, add the following commands to the textbox -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel, the command line textbox should look like this "HL.exe -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel".
    5) Click Ok, and click the other Ok, put in a server ip and go in

Then the mouseaccel should be disabled for Half-Life, and all the Mods You can also add these parameters to you CS Shortcut.

The other method i found is to change the CS shortcut to compatibility mode to win ME..

Hope that helps
  8. LimpViper

LimpViper Guest

Lower your menu connection rate by 1. I'm on DSL, worked for me.