Windows XP Game Advisor

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bman, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I'v been looking at screenshots on Neowin.net, that have a screen on there desktop that is called "Windows XP Game Adviser" which tests your system to see if its good enough for a game. Do any of you know what this is all about, and how I can get ahold of it??

Thanks.

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

It just analyses your systems hardware (specs) and OS, and then gives you a list of the latest games that will work on your machine.

Check Microsoft's gaming site.

3. Bman

a link you can give me?

4. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

My bad! You see the list of games first, then you test your system to see if it'llwork on your system.

6. Bman

yea after I asked you, i went and found it myself, its pretty cool. Thanks for the help, its a nifty little thing they got!!

7. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

No prob! :)

8. Bman

the funny thing is, every game I try, it says I have minimal requirments. Which for some games, I know I have max..weird

9. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

MS is always weird. No matter what your system specs are, MS usually tells differently.

10. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Ha! They're in league with the hardware manufacturers to make you buy better and more expensive hardware!

Actually, M$ says it cannot determine what I have so they cannot see if I have the necessary requirements. Hmm.

11. chaos945

chaos945 Moderator

I found this handy app a long time ago, but it could be useful for those who don't know how to find out their system specs. What it will do is give a detailed rundown on everything on your system.

[​IMG]