Windows XP error- "Windows Low on Registry Space"

NetRyder... I installed the latest unified driver from nVidia's site, version 5.10

Perris... deleted the key and the problem returns

NetRyder... I installed the latest unified drivers from nidia's site V 5.10

Perris.... deleted the key and the problem returned

LoctOut said:
NetRyder... I installed the latest unified drivers from nidia's site V 5.10
Ah, that's what I thought. I heard of this problem elsewhere too. Apparently, reverting to v4.7 sorts the issue. I suggest trying that to see if it helps.

I have no idea why you would experience registry issues due to nForce drivers, but that's just what I read.

I'm pretty sure the user resolved his problem, but I was left with the conundrum;

why does a Microsoft paper say that the rsl registry setting is no longer read, when it looks like according to this user, xp is reading the value if he creates it.

this didn't bother me much, since the paper says the value was removed, it didn't say the value is no longer valid...the default is allready max, no need for the value...what did bother me was that RegMon said nobody was looking at the value, yet never the less, creating the value resolved the users issue.

I told Jaimie Hanrahan about the conundrum, and asked him to take a look at this thread, which he did.

he's asked me in the past not to cut and paste his writing, but he chose to answer me in personal e-mail instead of posting the answer on this thread.

so, with my apologies to jeh, I'll paraphrase what he's come up with;

RegMon "hooks" don't look at anything running untill long after system initialization...the first stage of initilization is the time this value would be looked at by the os, and the os won't need to look at it again till the next boot

using Mark Russinovich's "strings" utility, RegistrySizeLimit does appear in ntoslrnl.exe...so it is referanced.

he did some experimenting, and spent more time on this then I thought he would...I guess it intrigued him as much as it did me

somehow, the hardware of this user has fabricated a restriction on the rsl, and so raising it in a registry value would work.

dear Folks,

in excuse of my English is not very well, because my location is Germany :

This is a uncommonly article, because discussion of Low on Registry Space in Windows XP almost ended in questions of memory management.
Indeed, a member of our forum has this problem and of course I am sure there is no mistake in memory - registry adjustment

Therefore please, if known tell me the type of motherboard and respectively would the fact of an earlier driver could resolve this problem

sincerely yours hawedi

welcome to this board hawedi

the original poster wound up doing a reformat with the old driver to resolve his issue

personally, it's hard for me to see how the new nforce drivers are the culpret in this scenario.

Thanks a lot for your rating.
Another question please :
Jaimie Hanrahan = Jamie Hanrahan ?

sincerely yours hawedi

Many thanks – and we will now try to set work on so. Yet my member guessed there is no reg_value like this RSL in his registry.

And Mr. Hanrahan – well, I found a lot of honor regarding to him :up:

sincerely yours hawedi

the rsl doesn't exist in xp because the default is allready at the max

if a restriction was manufactured on your box, creating the rsl and setting it might help

Well, we will do so – a reformat is an angry thing. So we try to find out what quota of RSL might help. I will report soon !

sincerely yours hawedi

hey, i was doing some research on this problem to because the same thing is happening to me, i to am running a nForce2 motherboard with the 5.10 drivers and still cant find a solution to this problem but if i come along one before you guys ill be sure to post it

Good Morning ( it´s 8:15 am CET) :)

@bigg
What type / manufacturer of motherboard are you using ?

our problems is :

MB : EP - 8RDA

chipset : nVidia AGPset (nForce2 SPP-128 + nForce2 MCP)

CPU : AMD 2700+

Now he has installed XP - SP2, but it seems in either case to need some days until this error occures.

sincerely yours hawedi

Hello, welcome another n00b to the forum :D

I recently had this error come up as well, and was doing some research on the subject.

I too am running an nForce 2 motherboard with v 5.10 drivers. As a matter of fact, the error appeared just after I installed the drivers. Have also run Registry Mechanic with no effect. Have plenty of HD (approx 50 GB) space left, and 512 M of RAM. Also, I recently did a Windows repair installation AFTER I installed the nVidia drivers for an unrelated problem.

The question I have is if this error has had any negative effects on anyone that has experienced it? The reason I ask is that my systm is otherwise running fine and have had no speed problems. Also, I just installed a new joystick (Thrustmaster Afterburner Force Feedback) and printer w/ no problems.

Those 5.10 drivers have caused lots of people problems but they are hard to get back out of your system.

I can suggest trying to remove them (after first removing them through add/remove programs) with Driver Cleaner 3 and chose the Nforce cleaner tab.

After all drivers are deleted then reinstall whatever drivers you were using before that worked good in your system.

My Board (I'm the original poster) is an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Version 1.6. The problem did not begin until I installed the 5.10 drivers, but since I was unable to completely remove the 5.10's and was only about 50% insto the system install I decided to just wipe it all and reinstall. The machine has been running fine fince then.....

hope this info helps somebody

LoctOut said:
My Board (I'm the original poster) is an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Version 1.6. The problem did not begin until I installed the 5.10 drivers, but since I was unable to completely remove the 5.10's and was only about 50% insto the system install I decided to just wipe it all and reinstall. The machine has been running fine fince then.....

hope this info helps somebody
So it was the nForce drivers then.
What an odd little issue. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back