Windows XP CD-KEY Change

XP Product Key

If you must know how this is done then read this but I do not condone warez users and this is for expenimentation only you must use a valid key if using XP Pro.

If you just recently purchased XP corp. edition and dont want to do a new install to change your serial number. I noticed that there are a lot of requests on how to do this...

As with any registry edit ..Please back up your registry before doing the following.

1. Run regedit and go to:

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents on the right double click on "oobetimer" and change at least one digit of this value to deactivate windows.

2. Choose run from start menu and type in this command:

"%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a" to get the activation screen and go to the second option which is activate by phone.

3. In the new screen choose the option to change product key, and type in the new product key (Corporate one only).

4. Close that window, reboot your system and enter the command in step 2 for the second time to verify your activation , you should see "windows is already activated".

Ok keep you's happy for a little while.

How many times does it need to be said, you do not purchase Win XP Corp... Its not like you go up to microsoft and go gimme a copy of corporate... CORPORATIONS TEND TO NOT RISK PURCHASING PIRATE SOFTWARE.

The costs are too high compared to the fines you will receive for using pirated software. Software IS audited in big companies.

Well this is covered on other sites. So since I know of a couple of posrs that the mods edited, they might consider closing this thread if they feel its against forum or site polices to post info that might of use to some corps admins, which I personnally doubt but then again I don't know how corporations work with their IT department and plus with the lack of funding going there who knows

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back