Windows XP Boot up screen

P

paul0703

Hi all,

Only a minor problem, but my windows xp boot up screen on home edition is no longer filling the screen, it is off set, my screen is a 15" TFT. No problem once loaded and sign in screen is fine. Have tried using bootxp that allows you to change this screen but still no joy, doesnt seem to action. I know that kernell 32 requests the boot up screen and that is in a nosfl or something file, and with wondows protection it is a pain to try to resolve.

Any ideas how I can get my boot up screen right again.

cheers

paul

Manually adjust it using your monitor's controls. That should do it.

thanks

Will give it a try, also thanks for the other advice with the camera, will try that later as well.

cheers

NO joy.

Well tried the monitor, it is not that, it seems the actual bmp is distorted, by moving the monitor it just does that moves this distorted screen.

Tried to use install another device as suggested, but wanted an inf file, after much looking found it in twain32, but when I point it to the cameras it doesnt show anything, in the list of companies mine is not listed so cant try that, I think if I could find the right file it may just work but just dont know which one it should be. When I do a search I get a list of files the camera uses, but only one that is a inf file. If it will help I can post the inf file or send a copy over via email, let me know, or if anyone else can help be happy to do that as well.

cheers

paul

windows xp boot up screen
Are you talking about the screen with the little blue indicator bar? If so, when you get to that point in startup, press the 'Pause/Break' button on your keyboard and do your adjustments on you monitor. After that hit any key to continue startup.

Yes, yellow on mine.

will give that a try, dont understand how the monitor saves the setting for this and then goes ok at all other screens.

With it been tft there is an auto button that works every oother time but not with this load up screen very strange.

Off to give it a try now, post in 10.

paul

Dont know if this will help, but when i bring up osd it shows 640x480 on boot up but on sign in screen shows 1074x768, so looks like reason for the off set is the 640 etc, but dont know how to get it back to 1078x768, doesnt seem to be a setting on osd of monitor.

cheers

paul

Not sure what the acronym 'osd' is. I don't think the graphics drivers are loaded at that point in start-up. During initial boot-up it runs the defaults (640x480) until everything gets loaded up.

I've experienced the problem you describe on other computers and that's how I 'fixed' it. Nothing is really broke, it just looks bad.

Problem now solved, messing with monitor controls did hot help, as when the sign in screen came up it was all out of line, press of the auto button on the monitor fixed it. I downloaded a new image file, went into safe mode, replaced file and hey presto nice new boot screen and it is all nice and right.

Thanks for the replies, hope it helps someone else in the years to come, if you need exact instructions and name of file, email me.

still no joy on webcam front.

cheers

paul

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back