Windows XP Accounts

A

Aymen

Hi Friends,

does any one know how to to hide my documens from the other users on my Comuter ?

Solution > : open registry and find out for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrrentVersion/Explorer/My Computer/Namespace/DelegateFolders . There exist the subkey {5903a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee} . Delete it and restart computer .

If you mean remove them from MY Computer (not sure if you did) you can use TweakUI, from teh powertoys..

You cna also remove shared folders from other network users by going to the folder under all users and unsharing shared documents.

Simply right click on "My Documents" while in Explorer, click properties, "Sharing" tab, and click "Do Not Share".

Pretty easy.

You can do that but any user with administrator access can still view it...

thanks for all of you, but i need to know what is the result of the registry tweak you posted ?

thanks.

here is my problem in details:

when any other user login to my computer with his account, he still can see & open all my folders & documents even if he did not have an administrator privileges.

Thank you.

Try to do the following.
Go to the properties tab of the folder or folders that you want to restrict the access to. Under the general tab, click on the advanced button. There should be an option to encrypt your files. Enable it, and now you are the only one that can open the files.

Or you can try the following.
Enable Simple File Sharing. This will allow a security tab to be dislplayed under the properties of folder. You can then add, users and set the restrictions that they have on those folders.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back