Windows XP Accounts

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Aymen, May 2, 2002.

1. Aymen

Aymen Guest

Hi Friends,

does any one know how to to hide my documens from the other users on my Comuter ?
  2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Solution > : open registry and find out for
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrrentVersion/Explorer/My Computer/Namespace/DelegateFolders . There exist the subkey {5903a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee} . Delete it and restart computer .
  3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    If you mean remove them from MY Computer (not sure if you did) you can use TweakUI, from teh powertoys..

You cna also remove shared folders from other network users by going to the folder under all users and unsharing shared documents.
  4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    Simply right click on "My Documents" while in Explorer, click properties, "Sharing" tab, and click "Do Not Share".

Pretty easy.
  5. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

You can do that but any user with administrator access can still view it...
  6. Aymen

Aymen Guest

thanks for all of you, but i need to know what is the result of the registry tweak you posted ?

7. Aymen

Aymen Guest

the tweak posted by cosmin, I mean
  8. Aymen

Aymen Guest

here is my problem in details:

when any other user login to my computer with his account, he still can see & open all my folders & documents even if he did not have an administrator privileges.

Thank you.
  9. mgmerino

mgmerino Guest

Try to do the following.
    Go to the properties tab of the folder or folders that you want to restrict the access to. Under the general tab, click on the advanced button. There should be an option to encrypt your files. Enable it, and now you are the only one that can open the files.

Or you can try the following.
    Enable Simple File Sharing. This will allow a security tab to be dislplayed under the properties of folder. You can then add, users and set the restrictions that they have on those folders.