Windows XP /98SE Dual boot

S

Scottish

can anyone tell me how to go about duel booting Windows XP Home edition with Windows 98se?

really need 98 for old win/dos games that refuse to work with XP.

i have 2 hard drives C: and D: id really like to install 98se on D: since its got alot more room

any info would be grea thank you

Go here for instructions on how to install Win98 after Win xP. I used this method on a friend's machine and it worked perfectly. If you try to install 98 without this method, your machine may not boot.

http://au.geocities.com/inquisitiveb/98_after_XP.htm

This guy knows what he's doing. You'll need to download BOOTSECT first and be sure to have a Win98 boot disk handy. You'll also need your bootable XP cd for this. The whole process takes maybe 10 minutes. Oh, and don't forget to change the boot sequence in your bios for CDROM first. You can change it back later.

hope this helps.

This is exactly what I want to do too, however, where do you download BOOTSECT from?

Originally posted by Scottish
why not? XP is shite for old games. simple ;)

I play SkiFree on XP and it works fine, and that's from 1991.

lucky perhaps?

Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Father
Gabriel Knight - Beast Within
Lighthouse - The dark being
Urban Runner (CLASSIC)
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria - a puzzle of flesh
Shivers
Shivers - Harvest of souls
KingsQuest 5
KingsQuest 6
KingsQuest - The Princeless Bride
KingsQuest - Mask of Eternity
Leisure Suit Larry 7 - Love For Sail
Rama
Zork Nemesis
Torins Passage
7th Guest
Sam and Max : hit the road
The Dig
Myst
Indiana Joes and the Fate of Atlantis
DoT
Bladerunner
Quake 2... dosent like NT is says when i try to install it

dont work on XP for me

bmxjt, there is a link on the page where to d/l bootsect from. or do a google search. it's easy to find.

bmxjt

Have you tried the method described on the above link to http://au.goecities.com/inquisitiveb/98_after_XP.htm yet ?

I wish to do the exact same on my machine.
I currently have XP Pro on C drive and would like to install Win 98SE on my D drive without having to delete XP Pro first.

Please let me know if this works ok.

I did find the d/l, however, I chose to adjust some of my partitions and start from scratch. I installed 98se first then XP Pro. 2 partitions on one HDD and another 40 gigs for whatever else. Took some time to reinstall but I basically have everything I need back on both systems.

Why did I do it? Because I came across some software that had NO update for XP and I WANT to use it. Plain and simple. Plus why not have 98 there. It was a decent OS. I would never add ME back, YIKES!:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back