Windows Vista RC1 to be released on the 7th of September 2006

M

Mecham

I don’t think there has ever been so much hype over an operating system designed and developed by Microsoft since the release of Windows 95. Ever since the first project name was released to the internet there has been a huge interest in the development of this operating system. When the name was officially changed to Windows Vista and the first screenshots where made available to the public and the scale of people downloading of BETA 2 was so intense Microsoft had to pull the plug on downloading because there were so many people downloading.

According to Microsoft sources Windows Vista RC1 is to be released on September the 7th 2006, although this is yet to be made official, and plans to release to manufacturers by late October...? Is great news to us all? But, I still believe in ticking all the boxes before rushing into a release of an operating system to RTM. We do not want to see another operating system being release by Microsoft full of security vulnerabilities again as we seen with Windows XP in 2001.

I have added a screenshot of build 5506... Looks better every time there is a build released.

Attachments

• Windows_Vista_Build_5506.jpg
    Windows_Vista_Build_5506.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Hoping to see something this week.
ie today or tomorrow :p

EP is a higher up tech admin for the UK Government. He has a cool job and gets all sorts of stuff from Microsoft (and others). He doesn't share either because he's mean.

I, too, am hoping to have this one in my hands soon. I just bought a new box to start testing over using VPC.

EP is a higher up tech admin for the UK Government. He has a cool job and gets all sorts of stuff from Microsoft (and others). He doesn't share either because he's mean.

I, too, am hoping to have this one in my hands soon. I just bought a new box to start testing over using VPC.

Oh yeah I remember somebody mentioning this before, not sure who it was, I'm a IT Systems Analyst and the firm I work for get all kinds of goodies from Microsoft. My boss told me this afternoon we will be having Vista RC1 which is good news because that means I can test run it on my business laptop. :)

Pah, its easy to get all sorts of stuff, and I'm only a lower tech admin for the UK government ;)

But back on topic, its cool that we now have an actual release date.

Nah I don't get any ms goodies via my job :s
I did MSDN from Microsoft tho for being cool.

Nah I don't get any ms goodies via my job :s
I did MSDN from Microsoft tho for being cool.

I only found out this afternoon we get goodies from Microsoft... Which is great because we are also getting Office Plus 2007... And who has to do all the training...?

Me :eek:

It's a good job I have been using it for a while now, otherwise I would be stuft.

Cool and intelligent at the same time... :p (um not me by the way I was refering to EP) Although I would class myself and both as well... :laugh: Yeah right...?

We (Connect testers) will definately get something to play with before RC1 is out.

I only found out this afternoon we get goodies from Microsoft... Which is great because we are also getting Office Plus 2007... And who has to do all the training...?

Me :eek:

It's a good job I have been using it for a while now, otherwise I would be stuft.

Cool and intelligent at the same time... :p (um not me by the way I was refering to EP) Although I would class myself and both as well... :laugh: Yeah right...?

Your an IT trainer then?

I suppose that could either be yay our ouch, depending on your pay :D

Your an IT trainer then?

I suppose that could either be yay our ouch, depending on your pay :D

Um not really, I'm just a dam good teacher... People tend to listen to me when I train them, I’m just so dam good at producing training doduments. I have always been a firm believer in pictures and text, and explain in Layman's terms whereby the brain can absorb the information quickly and effectively. Trying to cram loads of information into peoples brains in one session is a complete an utter waste of time because they end up leaving the session completely confused.

Pay is not an issue, my gross pay is rather high, and I get paid extra for training, I also get paid for OOHW (Out Of Hours Work) which up to now is 72hours charged at £12.00ph. do the math.

How exciting. No not the new Vista build. Your new box.

I am still unsure if those of us who are part of the Windows public beta test will get a copy of RC1,although some have said you will if you registered your copy. We will just have to wait and see.

Either way this OS has a lot of potential.

RC1 will be a public build, the one that will hopefully be released this week won't be, or at least shouldn't be.
You can use your beta2 code to take that step here:
http://microsoft.order-6.com/RC1_Registration/

CRAP!!!

I still have not installed vista, I am awaiting my replacement drive from WD, when I get it I can install should only be a few more days...

WHEN are we supposed to have this filled out by, or what is the speculated date?

:(

Thanks!

Mike A!

Thats the first time I have seen the form tbh, I suspect the CDs won't ship for a few weeks after the download version is available, whenever that might be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back