Windows Update Help...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by skamaraju, Oct 4, 2002.

1. skamaraju

skamaraju Guest

Hi
    I have XP Home on my Desktop and Laptop. I update them regularly manually through the Windows Update site. We have a slow dial-up connection.
    My question is; In case I have to format my Hard disk and reinstall XP Home, is there a way I can save the installed updates so that I can copy them after new installation rather than going through the painful process of doing the whole thing again on my slow internet connection. I need same kind of help for my Norton Antivirus 2002 too. Thanking you.

2. New Disease

New Disease Whatever...

yeah i would also like to know if anyone has a solution to this annoying problem

3. allan

allan Guest

When you go to Windows Update, click on Windows Update Catalog under "See Also". From here you can choose what updates to download to whatevfer location you choose.

4. anewhope

anewhope Guest

For anti virus 2002 you can download the definitions from www.download.com and keep the exe safe some where

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Solution = use SP1. :)

6. skamaraju

skamaraju Guest

Problem with download basket in Windows update site (i.e., selecting downloads from the list and saving them to disk) is that if the internet gets disconnected during download, which is very common, we have to start all over again. This does not happen with "review and install updates" button. With this, it continues from where it started.