Windows Update Erratic

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by melon, Nov 21, 2002.

1. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

Anyone else been having these problems lately?

I don't know if it is because M$ is having server problems, but it has crashed over half of the time today, and, after repeated tries, I *finally* got my updates. If XP weren't just as prone to corruption and slowness as the rest of the Windows versions, I wouldn't have had to reformat and reload Windows in the first place. :rolleyes:

Melon

2. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Guest

Windows Update Problems Yes!

Yes I am having the same problem! Windows Update has been really bad the last few weeks for me.

3. melon

Well, it is weird, considering that I downloaded them all the night before perfectly! I'm wondering if daytime traffic is the problem? Or if I have a corrupted ActiveX for Windows Update?

Melon

4. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

5. melon

Hrm...don't know what changed, but it is working great for me now.

Melon

6. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

melon - sorry to hear you are having problems with Windows update - however I have to disagree with you on your comment about XP being prone to corruption and slowness. I have found that normally most of the problems are caused by the idiot pushing the buttons (me ):D

Some of us found we can make our life easier by using Windows catalog to download and save all the windows updates and have them available on a CD or a separate partition for reinstallation without having to use Windows Update (to download them again) after a reformat/reinstall!

Now I'll tell ya a secret - I have those downloads waiting on a cd -if I ever need them. I have gone since Feb 8, 2002 without a BSOD and of course no need to reformat/reinstall!

So XP is prone to corruption and slowness?? In my humble opinion, as long as I do not mess XP up - it works fine!;)

7. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

yep totally true mate xp is the best os for stability i got the same prob with windows update right now but im gonna give your method a go cuz i want to archive the updates (just In Case)

8. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Yep, nothing wrong with xp. It's what we do to it that kills it. :eek: