Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Clean_Rich, Aug 30, 2003.
Does anyone know where the .exe for this program resides in XP? Thanks.
It has no .exe, it's just a .dll
It is executed by rundll32.exe. In case you are looking for that, the default shell open command of picture files in the registry would look like:
rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll ImageView_Fullscreen %1
Geez, no wonder I couldn't find it.
I wanted to link it to my scanner program. I guess I can try to dig up Infraview again. Thanks.
Yoyo. How do I unregister the Windows picture and faxviewer?
Is this what you want?
Turn off the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer as the Default Image Viewer
You can also change the file associations for the specific file types you want.
1. Open the Windows Explorer
2. Go to Tools / Folder Options / File Types
3. Scroll down to the extension you want to change
4. Click on the Change button
5. Select the program you want to associate with that extension
6. Click on the OK button
If the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is set as the default for many of your graphic file types,
you can remove it so other graphics programs can be used.
1. Run Regedit
2. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT / SystemFileAssociations / image / ShellEx / ContextMenuHandlers
3. Delete the key ShellImagePreview
I wanted the 2nd one. Thanks =)
Good to hear it worked.............it did work didn't it??? I haven't tried it yet.
Well I didnt delete it, but I cleared its value and that did the trick.
You can also go to Start - Run - Type in regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll to disable it.