Windows .NET Server RC1 and RC2

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by WinXPMan, Jan 14, 2003.

1. WinXPMan

WinXPMan Guest

I've been participating the Microsoft Preview Program, and I've have a question?

Has anyone who has installed Windows Server 2003 RC2 have to wait 5 to 10 minutes after login to get Explorer loaded all the way. My computer idles for 5 to 10 minutes until it loads all the files. I can bring up the task manager and 90 % of the time the System Idle Process is at 99%. If there is something that can be done about this?

2. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

Like with Windows XP, the "System Idle Process" is meant to be 99% if the PC isnt doing anything.

Apparantly, its another process which gets the CPU to cool down or something... someone posted a definition of it in another thread.

It probably takes ages to load because its still only at the beta stage. For you to have that O/S, you must be one of the chosen few by Microsoft to use their new software - I recommend for you to let them know about it as it may help certain people when the full version is released

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Got my RC2 yesterday, don't think I will get the opportunity to take a look before it goes RTM.