Windows Movie Maker

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
I am using WMM to take some old slides and put them on CD-r or a DVD-/+ R. The problem I am running into is how do I go about doing it. I save the project under Local Playback 2.1 Mbps NSTC or Local Playback 2.1 Mpbs. I can't play them back on a stand alone DVD. Does WMM allow you to save it as VCD or SVCD? I know nero does but I want to add music to it and plus WMM is free.

These are still photos scanned into my computer. I've been to MS website and only can find how to burn to dvd if I am getting it from a vid camera.

alternative - Cyberlink

I guess depending if this is a one off, but then again there's a free trial period on it, I would avoid MM, always found it a pain to use in every way and feature poor - happen to be aware of this package which is specific to your needs for that project and wil no doubt save you a lot of time and give you a lot of options....

Also comes free in an early version with many DVD players etc (that's how I know of it) so do check through your CD's to see if you already have a cyberlink disc too....

Let me know (rep points if you use it? :p )

I installed my copy of 2.0 SE and it is the suckage... I don't think it's as powerful as WMM. I will download the "Trial Version" of the newest release. Hopefully that will be better than the version I have.

pinnacle is worth the money, its sooo good! i hate windows movie maker its the worst ever, and it ruined my friends student council presentation because the laptop we played it on had windows media player 8 so it didnt play, but if i had made it an mpg it would have worked

Sorry to heart about 2.0SE - I had the same issue with their PowerDirector / EZProducer tools and had top upgrade them (in my case they did not even RUN at the free cersion level!)...

Let us know if it still sucks on trial (I have a hunch it might). Not sure pinaccle is geared up to what you require, it may well do it, but it also costs so be sure before you commit - and this would essentially be overkill snce Pinaccle is geared up to movie editting and burning (mainly editting I think) rather than a simple slide show with music.

I'll send the rep points back with intertest ;) :p

LOL you can keep the rep points. You did suggest a program which I had and didn't know I had :)

WMM will allow you to encode your movies only in the Windows Media Video (WMV) format, so you wouldn't be able to play them back in a DVD player. If you like WMM 2.0 and don't want to use any other software, you'll need to convert the WMV file that you create to a format that's readable by the DVD player.

Try one of these guides that shows you how to convert WMV files to DVD MPEG2:
http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?formatconversionselect=WMV to DVD

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back